Will the deepcool assassin 3 fit?

Nitron1

i have a SilverStone FARA R1 White and would like  to know if the deepcool assassin 3 would fit inside i have a asus prime h310m-k and hyperx fury non rgb ram

the max for that case is 165mm amazon says that the coolers height is 165mm but tomshardware says 171mm. i wouldn't recommend you try to fit it in.

4 minutes ago, DREwNIX707 said:

the max for that case is 165mm amazon says that the coolers height is 165mm but tomshardware says 171mm. i wouldn't recommend you try to fit it in.

damn i didn;t realise 

would you be able to recommend me some cheap cases because the only one i can think of is the deepcool e-shield the the max height is 168mm 

29 minutes ago, Nitron1 said:

i have a SilverStone FARA R1 White and would like  to know if the deepcool assassin 3 would fit inside i have a asus prime h310m-k and hyperx fury non rgb ram

specs show that it should fit, but just barely. the cooler is 165mm, the case fits up to 165mm. might be tight.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

1 minute ago, VioDuskar said:

specs show that it should fit, but just barely. the cooler is 165mm, the case fits up to 165mm. might be tight.

would the be any other cases that are cheap with good airflow and could fit the assassin 3?

9 minutes ago, Nitron1 said:

would the be any other cases that are cheap with good airflow and could fit the assassin 3?

165mm is pretty standard. for 60 bucks i'd risk it. but 60 USD to me might mean less than 60 USD to you.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

4 minutes ago, VioDuskar said:

165mm is pretty standard. for 60 bucks i'd risk it. but 60 USD to me might mean less than 60 USD to you.

hmm ill try look for some other cases

17 minutes ago, Nitron1 said:

damn i didn;t realise 

would you be able to recommend me some cheap cases because the only one i can think of is the deepcool e-shield the the max height is 168mm 

the Metallic Gear Neo Silent and the COUGAR Dark Blader X5 Black both have a height of 170mm and are $50 and $55 right now on newegg. there are probably your best bet if you want to get a higher budget. or my might be able to take those decorative things off the top of the heatsink.

On 5/19/2021 at 8:59 AM, Nitron1 said:

damn i didn;t realise 

The height of the Assassin 3 is 165mm. There might be very slight tolerance differences between each unit, but nothing too drastic. As long as you do not have to mount the fans higher up the tower to clear high profile RAM, it will more than likely fit that case.

DeepCool SupportAssassinIIIheight.thumb.JPG.e8f5244d592efa1e73c02efe4254f573.JPG