Windows useless processes

Whyleonhart

Can we just talk about how there is a lot of processes that can safely be disabled (improving the performance of windows) like SysMain. Seriously, sysmain doesn’t help your computer in any way, it just sits there keeping your disk at 100%.

Superfetch can be beneficial for people that are using HDD as their boot device.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Only 100% of disk if you are using 1 HDD. Like I have a fast NVMe, a decent HDD, and a slow AF HDD. But when I am saturating the slow AF HDD, it pins my disk usage to 33%, which is misleading. And yeah, there are so programs that can be safely disabled, especially via the W10 Debloater, but the debloater also removes way too much and caused me to reinstall windows because it removed all the xbox live dependencies, which is a requirement for xbox-exclusive that are also on PC. 

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

If you at least have an SSD for your boot drive, you don't need to deactivate any processes. Windows is just not made to run on HDDs anymore. And SSDs are not so terribly expensive anymore.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

On 5/18/2021 at 9:53 AM, Levent said:

Superfetch can be beneficial for people that are using HDD as their boot device.

Benefits SSDs as well.

Until SSDs reaches RAM speeds (which is also increasing over time), SuperFetch will help.