GPU Artifacting - Explanation !?

FaelanMaelan
Go to solution Solved by mariushm,

Sometimes games have bugs. 

Sometimes a particular texture gets corrupted for random reasons (either read incorrectly from disk, or decompressed incorrectly,  or copied with some error into the video card memory)  - a single incorrect bit could cause some parts of a texture to be decoded incorrectly, depending on the compression format used for those textures. 

It could be something as basic (but extremely rare) as your memory sticks having 1 bit randomly corrupted, while that  area of the ram sticks held the texture before it got uploaded to the game. 

Furmark USED to be dangerous because it loaded a video card with so much detail and information to be rendered that it causes the video card to consume way too much power, more than what the power converters on the video card were designed for. So those voltage regulators could overheat or could become damaged. 

They have added checks in the drivers which detect when Furmark or a Furmark like application is started, and the drivers pay attention to how much power the video cards consume and they're more careful these days and put breaks if the video cards consume too much power.

So there's almost no risk of damaging a video card with benchmarks these days, on modern video cards.

CPU-Ryzen 5 3600
GPU- MSI GAMING X Nvidia 1660
Mobo AsRock B450 Fatality Gaming K4
PSU- Seasonic Core Gold 500W

Hello guys, last night when i was playing AC Valhalla i got a texture that was following the main character - glitching/geometry or whatever it is called BUT only in that game and ONLY in one area on the map. So i want to know what EXACTLY is ARTIFACTING ? 
The thing that happened is similar  to this but i have ground texture attaching to the character and bugging out glitching following me 

PS: After that i left that area in the game and no more texture glitching artifacting or whatever it is called everything was fine but i wasn't in peace and decided to try FURMARK even tho they say its dangerous - and after the benchmark and STRESS BURN IN or whatever it is called - NO ARTIFACTING or weird texture geometry. ? 

SO is it the game or the drivers cuz of the new DLC/Update to the game ? It happened only in that area and only once - when i again tried to replicate it it didnt happen again on the same place after an hour when i decided to go back there to see if i can make it happen again.

Again after FURMARK for 5 min ZERO ARTIFACTS AND GLITCHES ? Is it the game ? 

GPU temps gaming Valhalla MAX - 68C
Furmark Max - 74C

Ok start with this. 

1 - Clean the dust off 

2 - run DDU clean all drivers from Nvidia.

3 -  Use latest drivers

If it dosent do on something like heaven benkmark its all good and its a driver issue, 

Dont use furmark

Just now, Xkillerpn said:

Ok start with this. 

1 - Clean the dust off 

2 - run DDU clean all drivers from Nvidia.

3 -  Use latest drivers

If it dosent do on something like heaven benkmark its all good and its a driver issue, 

Dont use furmark

I have no problems in 3Dmark or Heaven/Superposition or Furmark ... it did that only in the game only in that are ONLY once when i went back to this same area after an hour there was no texture glitches ..... Strange . The GPU is new no need of cleaning. Im with the latest drivers too installed using DDU before

Sometimes a particular texture gets corrupted for random reasons (either read incorrectly from disk, or decompressed incorrectly,  or copied with some error into the video card memory)  - a single incorrect bit could cause some parts of a texture to be decoded incorrectly, depending on the compression format used for those textures. 

It could be something as basic (but extremely rare) as your memory sticks having 1 bit randomly corrupted, while that  area of the ram sticks held the texture before it got uploaded to the game. 

Furmark USED to be dangerous because it loaded a video card with so much detail and information to be rendered that it causes the video card to consume way too much power, more than what the power converters on the video card were designed for. So those voltage regulators could overheat or could become damaged. 

They have added checks in the drivers which detect when Furmark or a Furmark like application is started, and the drivers pay attention to how much power the video cards consume and they're more careful these days and put breaks if the video cards consume too much power.

So there's almost no risk of damaging a video card with benchmarks these days, on modern video cards.

6 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Thank you a lot so everything is fine - also i went back to try to replicate it and it didn't happened again it was ONLY ONCE and ONLY on that AREA really strange