What is Normal Temps for High End Slim Laptops?

just got a Galaxy Book Pro 360 15.6" I7 16Gb 1TB, first High end new laptop ive ever owned, ive seen the laptop jump from 100f to 140f quickly when doing anything a bit cpu intensive, but the fan works very well to bring it back down fast. im wondering if this is a normal thing for new slim laptops like this? what temps do you normall get on these new laptops?

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

15 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

just got a Galaxy Book Pro 360 15.6" I7 16Gb 1TB, first High end new laptop ive ever owned, ive seen the laptop jump from 100f to 140f quickly when doing anything a bit cpu intensive, but the fan works very well to bring it back down fast. im wondering if this is a normal thing for new slim laptops like this? what temps do you normall get on these new laptops?

celsius please.

140F => 60 deg celsius

If that is the temperatur eon your lap, then you should replace it. If it is the CPU temperature(aka what you see in software tests) then 60 degree is pretty normal. My mbp 2015 used to stay in the 50-70 degree range whenever doing something intensive and it was not a thin and light. My current thinkpad also just hits 55 degree at max, but I don't do a lot of intensive work on it,

TL;DR It is pretty normal

140f is in the safe zone it's from 185f + where you might start to hear fans ramping and see thermal throttling. The max temp as far as I can tell is 212f.

If you want to know if you can be tracked contact me at flowingriver2020@protonmail.com

#AntiPartyParrots

2 minutes ago, WolframaticAlpha said:

celsius please.

140F => 60 deg celsius

If that is the temperatur eon your lap, then you should replace it. If it is the CPU temperature(aka what you see in software tests) then 60 degree is pretty normal. My mbp 2015 used to stay in the 50-70 degree range whenever doing something intensive and it was not a thin and light. My current thinkpad also just hits 55 degree at max, but I don't do a lot of intensive work on it,

TL;DR It is pretty normal

thats the CPU temp. it usually idles at like 90-100F i think it was, and ive seen it go up to 140 when im doing something intensive like video editing. its never gotten hotter then 140, by then the fans are already at max speed bringing it back down within secconds. 

2 minutes ago, jedifry said:

140f is in the safe zone it's from 185f + where you might start to hear fans ramping and see thermal throttling. The max temp as far as I can tell is 212f.

ive never seen it go over 140f, so then i guess its perfectly fine then. at 140f the fans usually get to high speed and its back down to 110F within secconds. cooling is very good on it, i was just curious what was normal for these kinds of Laptops.

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

It's a Normal Temp, Usually a slim laptop should be fine running at that Temp. But if you're unsure you can Replace the Thermal paste or Clean it up. But if it ain't broke, Don't fix it...

Good luck

Hello there... I'm both speedrunner and tech nerd. But not professional...

steam pcpartpicker.com speedrun.com

2 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

thats the CPU temp. it usually idles at like 90-100F i think it was, and ive seen it go up to 140 when im doing something intensive like video editing. its never gotten hotter then 140, by then the fans are already at max speed bringing it back down within secconds. 

ive never seen it go over 140f, so then i guess its perfectly fine then. at 140f the fans usually get to high speed and its back down to 110F within secconds. cooling is very good on it, i was just curious what was normal for these kinds of Laptops.

140F is normal. As soon as it hits 80 degrees,reduce your workload. It will throttle at 95 degree celsius. If it hits that temperature, then there is something seriously wrong

1 minute ago, XnonXte said:

It's a Normal Temp, Usually a slim laptop should be fine running at that Temp. But if you're unsure you can Replace the Thermal paste or Clean it up. But if it ain't broke, Don't fix it...

Good luck

it does run fine? i never said it didnt? its a brand new laptop i got 2 days ago if you read the first 4 words of the post. like i said it idles at under 100F and maxes out at 140F when the cpu is pinned pretty high. 

1 minute ago, WolframaticAlpha said:

140F is normal. As soon as it hits 80 degrees,reduce your workload. It will throttle at 95 degree celsius. If it hits that temperature, then there is something seriously wrong

ive never seen it hit over 140F, the cooling is pretty good on the laptop. so then i shouldnt really ever have issues. i just noticed that from a cold start, starting it up and it will immidately feel a little warm on the bottom, i was just wondering how normal these Temps were. Thanks

6 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

it does run fine? i never said it didnt? its a brand new laptop i got 2 days ago if you read the first 4 words of the post. like i said it idles at under 100F and maxes out at 140F when the cpu is pinned pretty high. 

Yeah I know it's a brand new Laptop, Yeah I thought it is old one or whatever, But my point is usually Laptop would run fine or even too fine in fact in those temp. Don't so much worry on those temp, It's usually normal as heck. You can use like a External Fan holder or something to cool down your laptop. That's it 

(Yeah I know my English is kinda Bad but English ain't my Native so....)

Hello there... I'm both speedrunner and tech nerd. But not professional...

steam pcpartpicker.com speedrun.com

1 minute ago, XnonXte said:

Yeah I know it's a brand new Laptop, Yeah I thought it is old one or whatever, But my point is usually Laptop would run fine or even too fine in fact in those temp. Don't so much worry on those temp, It's usually normal as heck. You can use like a External Fan holder or something to cool down your laptop. That's it 

Yeah it runs perfectly fine, and if you stop the high load, it will cool back down to 100f within 10 secconds. the cooling is very good in it, was just wondering if these Temps were normal, or a bit high. but i see they arent high at all. 

140f i.e 60C is a perfectly normal temperature for any computer, for a thin and light its pretty exceptional.

TLDR: The laptop is fine, you don't need to change anything.

To the people suggesting a thermal paste swap, I don't know what world you are living in but for a laptop that is 2 days old and does not overheat in the slightest suggesting a thermal paste swap is ridiculous at best.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

11 hours ago, Prodigy_Smit said:

140f i.e 60C is a perfectly normal temperature for any computer, for a thin and light its pretty exceptional.

TLDR: The laptop is fine, you don't need to change anything.

To the people suggesting a thermal paste swap, I don't know what world you are living in but for a laptop that is 2 days old and does not overheat in the slightest suggesting a thermal paste swap is ridiculous at best.

For most users, yeah that would be pretty silly. However, if you're looking to get the best performance out of your machine and are comfortable with the process, then go for it. I upgraded to liquid metal in my Razer Blade 15 a few years ago just a week into owning it. 

6 minutes ago, Raid Owl said:

For most users, yeah that would be pretty silly. However, if you're looking to get the best performance out of your machine and are comfortable with the process, then go for it. I upgraded to liquid metal in my Razer Blade 15 a few years ago just a week into owning it. 

No even for advanced users it’s pretty silly. At 60C under load the CPU and GPU would not be thermal throttling so there is no performance headroom to make up in this situation. Most gaming laptops yes, you would see a performance improvement but in the case of a system like OP’s that does not throttle there is no performance benefit.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

3 minutes ago, Prodigy_Smit said:

No even for advanced users it’s pretty silly. At 60C under load the CPU and GPU would not be thermal throttling so there is no performance headroom to make up in this situation. Most gaming laptops yes, you would see a performance improvement but in the case of a system like OP’s that does not throttle there is no performance benefit.

Yeah, you're probably right. If you have to ask about temps then you're probably not comfortable with something that advanced anyway.

When talking about CPU and GPU temperatures, most people will tend to use Celsius. 100F/140F translates to 38C/60C. Most modern CPUs are built to run up to 80 or 90 degrees Celsius, so you are perfectly fine.

-= Topic moved to Laptops and Pre-Built Systems =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/16/2021 at 2:47 PM, Raid Owl said:

Yeah, you're probably right. If you have to ask about temps then you're probably not comfortable with something that advanced anyway.

Uhm no? id have no problem doing it, but like @Prodigy_SmitSaid, it would be Pretty damn stupid to Change it to Liquid Metal, as there would be Literally No Performance Benefit since this laptop doesnt Thermal Throttle At all. it doesnt even run the fan on basic tasks, like browsing the Forum in Chrome.

On 5/16/2021 at 5:42 PM, thechinchinsong said:

When talking about CPU and GPU temperatures, most people will tend to use Celsius. 100F/140F translates to 38C/60C. Most modern CPUs are built to run up to 80 or 90 degrees Celsius, so you are perfectly fine.

No, Most Canadians Would use Celsius. Anyone in the US Would use Fahrenheit. 

19 hours ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

I don't know anyone that uses Fahrenheit when talking about CPU/GPU temperatures. Even people in the US use Celsius when talking about CPU/GPU temperatures. Who says, "Oh dang my CPU is throttling at 194 degrees" (implied Fahrenheit). Everyone says "oh dang, my CPU is throttling at 90 degrees" (implied Celsius).

On 6/1/2021 at 9:10 PM, LamoidZombieDog said:

Nobody uses Fahrenheit when talking about CPU temps, even in the US.