Can't get my Counter-Strike 1.6 server to work

Filingo

Hello,

I followed the following tutorial step by step on an AWS EC2 Ubuntu 20.04 instance:

https://ixnfo.com/en/launching-and-configuring-counter-strike-1-6-server-on-linux.html

I allowed all ports in the incoming UDP rules on the EC2 instance security group

Then I tried to run the server with the command: ./hlds_run -game cstrike -console +ip 3.178.2.44 +maxplayers 32 +map de_dust2 -secure -sv_lan 0 -autoupdate -port 27015

where the IP is my EC2 instance public IPv4 address.

But I get the following error: 

WARNING: UDP_OpenSocket: port: 27015  bind: Cannot assign requested address
FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Couldn't allocate dedicated server IP port 27015.

I followed the tutorial step by step.

I tried the same command with my EC2 private IPv4 address and it worked, but of course it's only locally I guess? And not for internet? Because I couldn't connect to it from another PC on a different network

What is wrong?

Thanks

the +ip tag is meant to be used for assinging the server to a specific network interface on the device it runs on. you either use the local IP address of your server box, or just dont use the tag at all (assuming it'll bond to 'any' network interface then -- and your box probably only has one interface)

unless ofcourse your instance is straight on a public IP address, then it should "just" work..

8 minutes ago, manikyath said:

the +ip tag is meant to be used for assinging the server to a specific network interface on the device it runs on. you either use the local IP address of your server box, or just dont use the tag at all (assuming it'll bond to 'any' network interface then -- and your box probably only has one interface)

unless ofcourse your instance is straight on a public IP address, then it should "just" work..

thanks.

It does work when using the local ip address or none at all, but then it starts the server locally only with the server's local ip. But it's not visible to the outside world? How can I make it visible to the outside world if I'm not using the public IPv4 address?

4 minutes ago, Filingo said:

thanks.

It does work when using the local ip address or none at all, but then it starts the server locally only with the server's local ip. But it's not visible to the outside world? How can I make it visible to the outside world if I'm not using the public IPv4 address?

well.. it's an amazon aws instance, i assume you have some way of forwarding ports to it from the outside in AWS?

4 minutes ago, manikyath said:

well.. it's an amazon aws instance, i assume you have some way of forwarding ports to it from the outside in AWS?

Yes! It worked!!!

I had 2 security groups on my AWS and I added the inbound rules to the wrong one. Thank you!