where do i get this tube?

Overview-6.jpg
its sexy as hell
its a Nickel-plated Copper Piping

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

I think that's copper or something. Oh nvm you know.

yeah it does look like copper 

Case:Corsair Vengence C70 CPU: I7-920 @ 3.62 GHz Ram: Mushkin Radioactive 12GB Mobo: Asus Sabertooth X58 SSD: Samsung 830 128gb Storage: 3TB Seagate PSU: Corsair TX650 GPU: EVGA GTX 760 2gb Waterloop: 2x XSPC EX240/XSPC Raystorm/Alphacool NexXxos 760 block/XSPC Photon 170 Res D5 Vario pump/4 Swiftech Helix Fans

I think that's copper or something. Oh nvm you know. That stuff would be such a hastle.

yeah it does look like copper 

but the end result is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too satisfying :)

more pics

SDC10446-1.jpg

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.

That copper looks sooo nice as long as you know what you're doing lol.

thats the problem idk where to start xD looking for a guide currently with no luck SDC10445-1.jpg

thats the problem idk where to start xD looking for a guide currently with no luck Posted Image

lol

I think you use it like acrylic. It seems like it.

I think there aren't guides because no one wants to deal with it.

Or because if you're doing copper you don't need one lol

lol

I think you use it like acrylic. It seems like it.

I think there aren't guides because no one wants to deal with it.

Or because if you're doing copper you don't need one lol

pffft i guess you are right

really wanted that copper sexiness tho SDC10495.jpg

pffft i guess you are right

really wanted that copper sexiness tho SDC10495.jpg

Yeah, it looks amazing.

As close as I would get is acrylic, but it really sucks. It doesn't look that good either.

I'm switching back to regular tubing (1/2 3/4) because I hate dealing with acrylic.

It would also looks like it would cost a ton.

I think most copper tube is custom made and then nickel plated then bent. Also if you haven't done any hard tube be careful because if you do it wrong you will make it look terrible.

Quote me to get a reply!

If you wanted to do this with copper you'd need a tool to bend the tubing. You would also need to plan carefully as bending multiple times would cause fatiguing and then snapping. Copper is a very weal metal not as weak as aluminium but definitely not as strong as steel. It's definitely doable and would dissipate heat while also taking the hot water away from the CPU or GPU so a very cool idea indeed.

If you wanted to do this with copper you'd need a tool to bend the tubing. You would also need to plan carefully as bending multiple times would cause fatiguing and then snapping. Copper is a very weal metal not as weak as aluminium but definitely not as strong as steel. It's definitely doable and would dissipate heat while also taking the hot water away from the CPU or GPU so a very cool idea indeed.

Copper would be far better for this than steel, it's more malleable and softer than steel, which makes it ideal for pipes that you need to bend.

You wouldn't need to worry about bending it too much and snapping it, because if you got a bend in the wrong place you'd have to scrap that length and start over.

Also, copper pipe is awfully expensive

2600k@4.5GHz ~ H100 ~ Asus P8Z68V-pro gen3 ~ Kingston HyperX 16GB 1600 ~ Sapphire VaporX 7950 ~ Gigabyte DCU 5770 ~ Kingston 128GB HyperX ~ WD black 2TBx2 ~ WD red 4TB ~ Hauppauge HVR2200 ~ Asus BR drive ~ RAT7 ~ Unicomp model-M

That is copper tubing that has been electro plated. You can buy copper tube/pipe at a hardware store (it is expensive) but it is difficult to work with, you need tools to straighten it and tools to bend it and cut it, on top of that you need to pay to get it plated (after you have fully completed your runs, you cant bend/cut it after it has been plated).

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

Copper would be far better for this than steel, it's more malleable and softer than steel, which makes it ideal for pipes that you need to bend.

You wouldn't need to worry about bending it too much and snapping it, because if you got a bend in the wrong place you'd have to scrap that length and start over.

Also, copper pipe is awfully expensive

It was mostly just a comparison since steel is very inefficient at dissipating heat.

You buy normal copper tubing and get the tools necessary for bending, torch, 45* angle bender, ect... And once you have every tube layed out and it fits, you send them in to a company to have them nickle plated. This can usually be quite expensive and buying pre nickle plated copper tubing and bending it will screw up the nickle

It was mostly just a comparison since steel is very inefficient at dissipating heat.

The extra dissipation that copper tubes would give over normal tubing will be be unnoticeable. The difference between using copper and steel tubing would be so negligible that it'd be less than normal fluctuations in temperature.

Using copper tubing is just for the sexiness really :P

2600k@4.5GHz ~ H100 ~ Asus P8Z68V-pro gen3 ~ Kingston HyperX 16GB 1600 ~ Sapphire VaporX 7950 ~ Gigabyte DCU 5770 ~ Kingston 128GB HyperX ~ WD black 2TBx2 ~ WD red 4TB ~ Hauppauge HVR2200 ~ Asus BR drive ~ RAT7 ~ Unicomp model-M

That looks really good, I need to learn to water cool & sleeve  <_<

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

Copper tube is, if anything easier to use than acrylic, you can buy it from most diy stores in 8mm, 10mm, 15mm and 22mm probably more than that too. For bending you just either buy a bending spring or a bending tool, there is no heat involved, and is more redily available.  You would also need a tube staightener as the 8 and 10mm comes on a roll and not in single lengths .For pc use you would probably have to stay with the 10mm  as the 15mm fittings are a bit bulky. I'm in the process of researching fittings as we speak, I think, don't quote me on that but I think the Bitspower crystal link fittings work with it .

MSI Z87 XPower, I5 4670k, 4x4gb Avexir MPower, 2 x HD7950, XFX Pro750w, Intel 335 180gb boot, 250gb Samy pro games, 60gb OCZ Vertex music, Monsta 420,ST30 360, 140mm / 120mm Akasa Vipers in push pull, D5 Vario, Koolance top, Bitspower ZMulti250, Fesser Fittings all round, Mayhems sunset Yellow, 32" LG monitor, 23" Asus monitor, Microlab Solo 7c's, Bheringer MS20's, R.A.T7, Steelseries Merc Stealth