Jonsbo UMX6

Lairlair

I'm browsing for cases and I'm considering the Jonsbo UMX6. Is anyone familiar with this brand, or better yet, specific case?

I like the look of it on pictures and it has a USB-C connector so that ticks two important boxes for me. But I can't find any reviews online, so it seems like quite the risk to pay so much for it...

Otherwise if you guys know of some alternative that look like it I'm curious to see it!

Cheers 馃檭

585218.jpg

Looks nice, all their cases do, but where does the airflow come from?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.聽

13 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Looks nice, all their cases do, but where does the airflow come from?

Exactly my concern... You can slap a radiator on the top / bottom but it seems to only expel air from the side mesh between the side panel and the main aluminum body. No clue how efficient that is, though NZXT seems to do it fine on their H710 series

I would think for a low-stress system that would be fine, but something like a 30-series GPU that needs good airflow, would be asking for a short life and thermal-throttling galore.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.聽

I've finally found a test! It's in French but it reveals that thermals aren't great (what a surprise) but actually it might be a good option for GPU intensive tasks because the fresh airflow coming from the bottom hits the GPU first. Either that or this case is only good for custom water cooling looping through all the components.

you can reduce the performance of the gpu by a vertical mount and hope you can find a cpu cooler that can go from bottom to top.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

2 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

you can reduce the performance of the gpu by a vertical mount and hope you can find a cpu cooler that can go from bottom to top.

You mean by mounting the GPU vertically it won't block the air flow coming from the bottom? That's quite clever聽馃檭 I thought of mounting the rear fan on a pull configuration so it provides and AIO radiator with fresh air too. But at this point I'm not sure this case is worth it 馃

7 hours ago, Lairlair said:

You mean by mounting the GPU vertically it won't block the air flow coming from the bottom? That's quite clever聽馃檭 I thought of mounting the rear fan on a pull configuration so it provides and AIO radiator with fresh air too. But at this point I'm not sure this case is worth it 馃

ya but it reused the gpu performance doing that. as the air has to go at an 90 degree in to the gpu.

i got the JONSBO UMX4 case open box on amazon for $117 dose seem good quality but that case looks a bit too low air flow imo.

i got the case thinking i was going to put a vertical gpu mount in it but i found out that it lowers the performance so i dont no ill probably just water cool it. but i got many other case.....and not enough builds...

jonsbo.png

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

9 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

i got the JONSBO UMX4 case open box on amazon for $117 dose seem good quality but that case looks a bit too low air flow imo.

Thanks for the input! Yeah my graphics card is just a 1660 super so probably it's not too dramatic but the CPU will be a Ryzen 9 5900x so I'll probably turn to something more airflow-friendly.