ll120 or sp120?

Rob636363

Hi!

I will build a new pc and the case has 3 front fans (4000x rgb) plus the aio fans. I still miss the back fan and I have to chose a fan. I can chose the sp120 (new) or the ll120 second hand (box not opened) wich is at the same price and besides the rgb I want to know what is the diferece?

The 'SP' in SP120 stands for "Static Pressure", while the LL120 fans are mainly airflow fans:

In short, static pressure fans are better for pushing/pulling air through denser objects (like through a radiator/drive cage).

In reality though, neither fans are particularly high performance (in terms of airflow/static pressure in relation to noise), so keep in mind you are paying a premium for the RGB.

Speaking of RGB, these Corsair RGB fans require a controller of sorts to connect. Your case already has an RGB controller, but you can't mix different Corsair RGB fans on one hub.

The 3-packs of either fan type come with a controller and can be connected like so:

The LL120 3 packs (at least new) come with an RGB LED Fan Hub and a Node Pro, to connect like this:

Spoiler

bKWClsZh.png

Your case already comes with a 

While an SP120 3-pack comes with the node core to connect like this:

Spoiler

Xx60jRAl.png

Image sources: https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

With both setups, these controllers only handle the RGB connector and not the PWM connector on the fans, which is there to make the fans spin.

This is still done by connecting the fans to your motherboard.

Your case already comes with a Node Core, but that can't be used with the already included fans and a new LL120/SP120 fan

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

First thank you and let me get this straight
I can use the controller that came with the case only with the case fans because the case fans are not the same with the sp/ll and the rgb on the sp/ll can’t be used without a controler so I will have to buy a tri pack or a separate controler?

Well then can I buy the same fans as the case fans?

And is that dosen’t work then what is a good fan to use as exhaust around the sp price(preferably rgb)

8 hours ago, Rob636363 said:

Hi!

I will build a new pc and the case has 3 front fans (4000x rgb) plus the aio fans. I still miss the back fan and I have to chose a fan. I can chose the sp120 (new) or the ll120 second hand (box not opened) wich is at the same price and besides the rgb I want to know what is the diferece?

you dont have to make 2 post about it.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

38 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

you dont have to make 2 post about it.

Well on that post I was just making sure that the sp120 elite is same fan with the 4000x case fans and on this one I wanted to know the diference between sp120 and ll120