Help me to pick!

Go to solution Solved by Skykiller,
23 hours ago, S.Hamed23 said:

My bad, it was for the lens

Okay then I wloud recommend you the Canon R6 with the Rf 24-105m F4.

I'm a totally noob in camera world. My budget's gonna work around my requirements, that is:

• High resolution pictures
  • Landscape Photography as primary, part-time free style
  • Low-light dependability 

I have set my eyes on Sony A7III with 16-35 f/2.8. I looked into EOS R too, but it's not that appraising.
I can't exceed 4K USD, less would be better. Any good third party lens?

Many countries use the dollar, you're going to have to be more specific.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

42 minutes ago, S.Hamed23 said:

I'm a totally noob in camera world. My budget's gonna work around my requirements, that is:

I have set my eyes on Sony A7III with 16-35 f/2.8. I looked into EOS R too, but it's not that appraising.
I can't exceed 4K$, less would be better. Any good third party lens?

I am a Canon User since I startet Photograhpy and Videography and never had complains. So I would go with the R. The Problem that you have with Sony at the Moment is that they just released High End Full Frame Cameras in the last time. The A7 III is 3-4 Years old at this point and so I would not buy it. But on the other Hand the EOS R is more expensive and the RF Lenses are expensive to. But it is rumored that 3rd party Rf lenses will some out by the end of the Year. Samyang already has released their first rf lenses.

If you wnat good Low Light Performance I would go with something that has a smaller MP count becouse that is allways better for Low Light Pictures.

I can recommend you the Canon EOS R6. But what is your Budget?

19 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Many countries use the dollar, you're going to have to be more specific.

USD, my apologies

28 minutes ago, Skykiller said:

I am a Canon User since I startet Photograhpy and Videography and never had complains. So I would go with the R. The Problem that you have with Sony at the Moment is that they just released High End Full Frame Cameras in the last time. The A7 III is 3-4 Years old at this point and so I would not buy it. But on the other Hand the EOS R is more expensive and the RF Lenses are expensive to. But it is rumored that 3rd party Rf lenses will some out by the end of the Year. Samyang already has released their first rf lenses.

If you wnat good Low Light Performance I would go with something that has a smaller MP count becouse that is allways better for Low Light Pictures.

I can recommend you the Canon EOS R6. But what is your Budget?

Body 2K USD max, gonna buy a single lens, so going all out with 2K USD for the lens
Lack of IBIS and the crop factor influenced me a bit too considering doing videos is not a never-do

2 minutes ago, S.Hamed23 said:

Body 2K USD max, gonna buy a single lens, so going all out with 2K USD
Lack of IBIS and the crop factor influenced me a bit too considering doing videos is not a never-do

Okay the R6 has great IBS and oversampeled 4k Video but it cost more than 2k Body only I think. And getting an Rf lens and body for 2k is going to be hard to get. THe RP maybe your best choice. It is cheaper than the R so you have more money to spend on a good Lens (Canon RF 24-105 F4). But it has worst video specs than the R. But if i am honest from reading what you want I think this or an R would be the best choice. As far as I know your not doing this Professional and are more focused on Photography so I think the Problems that the R and RP have are not that big of a deal for you since they basically just exsist in the Video Side of things.

2 minutes ago, Skykiller said:

Okay the R6 has great IBS and oversampeled 4k Video but it cost more than 2k Body only I think. And getting an Rf lens and body for 2k is going to be hard to get. THe RP maybe your best choice. It is cheaper than the R so you have more money to spend on a good Lens (Canon RF 24-105 F4). But it has worst video specs than the R. But if i am honest from reading what you want I think this or an R would be the best choice. As far as I know your not doing this Professional and are more focused on Photography so I think the Problems that the R and RP have are not that big of a deal for you since they basically just exsist in the Video Side of things.

For me, colors are not factoring much as i'm gonna shoot raw anyway.
In most cases, my shots will be in dawn dusk conditions, cloudy and naturally lit indoor stuff.
Won't the sony one will be better?

6 minutes ago, Skykiller said:

And getting an Rf lens and body for 2k is going to be hard to get

Body+Lens budget is 4K USD buddy!

20 minutes ago, S.Hamed23 said:

Body 2K USD max, gonna buy a single lens, so going all out with 2K USD

You wrote 2K all. But okay

1 minute ago, Skykiller said:

You wrote 2K all. But okay

I'd stay away from the A7III due to the shutter issue.

If your budget is $4,000 all-in, I'd suggest an A7rIII with the Tamron 17-28mm 2.8. That leaves you with about $1,000 USD to spare.

I have the A7rIII and it's a landscape photograph's dream (that's what I do pretty much exclusively).

I had the 16-35mm 2.8 GM lens, but I sold it and got the Tamron 17-28mm 2.8 instead.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

10 hours ago, S.Hamed23 said:

I can't exceed 4K USD, less would be better. Any good third party lens?

what do you mean "High res" is that 20mp, 32? 50mp?

A7iii is getting a little old, its due for an update soon

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

23 hours ago, S.Hamed23 said:

Okay then I wloud recommend you the Canon R6 with the Rf 24-105m F4.

I really like Tamron's new stuff. Their 15-30 g2 is supposed to be really nice. I'm a Nikon shooter so I cant compare against Sony but I like the image stabilization in Tamron lenses more than Nikon. 

If you want to go for high resolution and landscape fast primes typically have better corner sharpness. You do have to zoom with your feet though. Zeiss makes a really good 35mm f2. The 21 2.8 is a go to for me for landscapes. Even their last generation is awesome and you can get it for cheap. 

If you're handy with basic tools at all there are a ton of old primes from different brands you can use on modern cameras.