High cpu usage but only on CPU1 until i open task manager

Go to solution Solved by MD Utsho,

Alright everyone 
If anyone is also facing this problem 
First of all you should do full scan of your drives, 
For me this didn't work cause the file which was running in backgrounds can't be detect as virus even with Malwarebytes 

I've tried many monitoring software, even with those software this virus treated them like task manager, So it disappeared instantly from those too 
Until i found remote process explorer which worked well
And i've found something called unarchiver.exe was using 25% of my cpu means 100% on core1 of my 4 core cpu. 

And after searching about this on google i've also found that ContentManagement in task scheduler starts this unarchiver.exe every 15min 
So i've deleted both of them (unarchiver.exe file which is about 200mb+ and ContentManagement in task scheduler) 

File location (
C:\Users\Windows 10\AppData\Roaming\unarchiver)

Some people in reddit said this started when they installed cracked version of Hitman 3, I did the same too :_: so maybe this was the culprit. 

It's been 30-40min i'm working on my PC, nothing is popping up like before, or those file is recreating like other viruses do. 

I'll keep monitoring this and keep this post updated if i see something else again.

Also thanks everyone for your suggestions.

image.png.3e939582ba3c7d5de93e82ec09390ee2.pngimage.png.12291937a200fd29a7a7abbabad0b838.png

I'm facing this weird high (100%) CPU usage only on core1/CPU1 
I don't know which one is using that kind of high CPU since it comes back normal instantly when I open task manager. 
First i've noticed this when i was playing halo master chief collection, normally this game usages 20% of cpu and temp is 40C on avg, but sometimes later it reaches 52C with 50% cpu usage, so not just game, it'll still happen when i'm idle or browsing. If i keep task manager on all the time, CPU1 won't use 100% cpu anymore like this 

Is this some kind of windows bug or virus? i've tried scanning for virus (found some and cleaned/removed them) still facing this 
Also tried scanning and fixing with sfc /scannow but that didn't help either, 

Also when it was using 100% speed on CPU1 i've tried closing discord & other softwares one by one, but still using 100% means those are not the problem here. 

Cpu i5 6400 & Windows 10 Pro 20H2 OS Build 19042.928

image_2021-05-10_123348.png

image_2021-05-10_123456.png

Could be an Afterburner bug. Go to Performance and then CPU in Task Manager, then right click on the CPU graph and make sure it shows All Logical Processors. You can then monitor it thread by thread from there.

Desktop - i5-9600KF @4.8GHz all core, MSI Z390-A PRO, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, MSI GTX 1660S OC 6GB, WD Blue 500GB M.2 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD

Laptop - ASUS ZenBook 14 with ScreenPad, i7-1165G7, Xe iGPU 96EU, 16GB Octa-Channel 4200MHz, MX450 2GB, 512GB SSD with 32GB Optane

Old Laptop 1 - HP Pavilion 15, A10-9600P, R5 iGPU, 8GB, R8 M445DX, 2TB HDD

Old Laptop 2 - HP Pavilion 15 TouchSmart, i3-3217U, Intel HD 4000, 4GB, 1TB HDD

iPad 2018 - 128GB

iPhone XR - 128GB

3 hours ago, AMD A10-9600P said:

Could be an Afterburner bug. Go to Performance and then CPU in Task Manager, then right click on the CPU graph and make sure it shows All Logical Processors. You can then monitor it thread by thread from there.

Not sure if it's afterburner bug cz afterburner is also showing high temp when this happens
Though i'll update msi afterburner and let you know 

8 hours ago, AMD A10-9600P said:

Hello again 
And it's real, not msi afterburner bug 
Even AMD's cpu utilization showing that high cpu usage when idle, well since it's 1 core it's showing 25-30% on idle 
And 100% on cpu1 
It won't stop until i open task manager 
What should i do? :_: any suggestions? image.png.33f53cb66422309b85f51c03e5774d36.png

Check for virus. Install Malwarebytes and do a full system scan. 

1 hour ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Check for virus. Install Malwarebytes and do a full system scan. 

Thanks, i'm about to do that 
i just did quick scans but that didn't help 
Just wondering if full scan also doesn't help 
should i install optional windows update or do a repair? 

1 hour ago, Chokez said:

Hello again 
And it's real, not msi afterburner bug 
Even AMD's cpu utilization showing that high cpu usage when idle, well since it's 1 core it's showing 25-30% on idle 
And 100% on cpu1 
It won't stop until i open task manager 
What should i do? :_: any suggestions? image.png.33f53cb66422309b85f51c03e5774d36.png

I'd agree on checking for viruses/malware. Also, can you tell me if there's any software that you know of running in the background?

Desktop - i5-9600KF @4.8GHz all core, MSI Z390-A PRO, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, MSI GTX 1660S OC 6GB, WD Blue 500GB M.2 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD

Laptop - ASUS ZenBook 14 with ScreenPad, i7-1165G7, Xe iGPU 96EU, 16GB Octa-Channel 4200MHz, MX450 2GB, 512GB SSD with 32GB Optane

iPad 2018 - 128GB

iPhone XR - 128GB

1 hour ago, AMD A10-9600P said:

I'd agree on checking for viruses/malware. Also, can you tell me if there's any software that you know of running in the background?

Sorry for late reply 
I've updated my windows to latest version just now, but still same, 
i've closed every software from taskbar to see if anyone of them is running in the background, but no, still using 100% on CPU1 
Also i did quick scan+ full scan only on my ssd (C drive) and windows defender's offline scanning, but still same
And some custom scans on other drive i mostly use for downloads 
found some virus and removed them but still same 

here i recorded this, for this i used process hacker to monitor
So by looking at this at first i though maybe amd driver is the issue here, after disabling those amd driver still facing 100% cpu usage on CPU1 (can't even see which one is using that core, so it's getting really hard to troubleshoot)

Thank you very much for your time, If you can think of something to fix this problem, please let me know 

Ok, so programs and services i would not have running under any circumstances on my PC:

Opera GX

AMD user experience 

And what is AMD external events?

i would suggest to disable these services temporarily and check if anything improves.

And is this a laptop or tablet, because it says "tablet service"?

edit:

1 hour ago, Chokez said:

And some custom scans on other drive i mostly use for downloads 
found some virus and removed them but still same 

Additionally you should make a full scan of each of your drives, including "root kit scan" with mwb, right click on drive > mwb > scan this drive (or similar)

This will take several hours for each drive (and no, i dont know why they made it so complicated)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

25 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Ok, so programs and services i would not have running under any circumstances on my PC:

Opera GX

AMD user experience 

And what is AMD external events?

i would suggest to disable these services temporarily and check if anything improves.

And is this a laptop or tablet, because it says "tablet service"?

No it's a desktop
I just have wacom tablet that's why 
And i think i've found the solution 
It was AMD's old driver which was causing problem with latest version of windows 
I didn't update because AMD's drivers are always faulty, their driver was crashing constantly, but in this version it looks fine, also not facing that 100% cpu usage 
but still i'm going to test for half an hour then mark it as a solution. 

Thanks btw 

Edit : wth it was fine at first
now facing this again 

24 minutes ago, Chokez said:

No it's a desktop
I just have wacom tablet that's why 
And i think i've found the solution 
It was AMD's old driver which was causing problem with latest version of windows 
I didn't update because AMD's drivers are always faulty, their driver was crashing constantly, but in this version it looks fine, also not facing that 100% cpu usage 
but still i'm going to test for half an hour then mark it as a solution. 

Thanks btw 

Edit : wth it was fine at first
now facing this again 

Ok, damn... have you tried disabling these services?  i mean i know the AMD thing is buggy , and Opera being a browser who knows really (chrome had similar issues)

Also the tablet thing.

in taskmanager go to services, find each service > services > stop > disable 

Otherwise *full* malwarebytes scan on each drive...!

i mean the fact you already randomly found stuff is concerning.

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

It's probably a Trojan virus. 

Maybe Bitdefender?

It's probably a Trojan virus. 

That seems quite likely.

Maybe Bitdefender?

i mean whatever works, i just know mwb is really good at finding stuff, when i worked at a pc repair shop (for half a year) all we did was mwb , adw, defender (this can literally take overnight) if there was something sus (so often lol) and it always worked ...

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 hour ago, Mark Kaine said:

That seems quite likely.

i mean whatever works, i just know mwb is really good at finding stuff, when i worked at a pc repair shop (for half a year) all we did was mwb , adw, defender (this can literally take overnight) if there was something sus (so often lol) and it always worked ...

Hello again 
So after scanning full PC all night it found only 2 virus,(i've found more virus when i did quick scan before) and actually they're not virus, more like a patch but i've deleted them already
But still facing this high cpu usage problem, even after disabling those services. 

And one thing i've noticed that is even when i do quick scan in windows defender while that thing is using 100% cpu
Windows defender can't detect anything, or whoever is using cpu cares 
But if i open mwb it'll disappear again instantly, just like when i open task manager 

So what else to do right now? ;_; 

It's worth noting that viruses aren't fully removed when a scan picks them up. Files that are clearly parts of a virus are often quarantined, but if they have edited system files that the OS needs to function then issues will still remain. I don't know if you've tried this already, but a complete reinstall of Windows is the only way to be sure that the virus has been removed.

iPad 2018 - 128GB

iPhone XR - 128GB

6 hours ago, AMD A10-9600P said:

It's worth noting that viruses aren't fully removed when a scan picks them up. Files that are clearly parts of a virus are often quarantined, but if they have edited system files that the OS needs to function then issues will still remain. I don't know if you've tried this already, but a complete reinstall of Windows is the only way to be sure that the virus has been removed.

Yeah looks like i've no other solution other than this

6 hours ago, AMD A10-9600P said:

21 minutes ago, Chokez said:

Yeah looks like i've no other solution other than this

i agree that seems like the last resort now we tried pretty much everything i could think of.

Also for a tip in the future, think twice before downloading anything, and whenever you downloaded something check it  immediately with MWB  before opening the files (right click, scan) i scan everything immediately after downloading even nvidia drivers (so.yeah  i really mean *everything*)

Spoiler

fllscrnsnp_a.lvk6q.thumb.jpg.68c8d0d2f5be250c78586289a8b0c273.jpg

This works on any file, folder, drive, etc...

You can also upload files to virus total if you arent sure.

PS: and also have windows defender running at all times, theres really no reason to not have it running, its really  v lightweight (and not super reliable but better than nothing and hence the manual mwb scans)

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

32 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

i agree that seems like the last resort now we tried pretty much everything i could think of.

Also for a tip in the future, think twice before downloading anything, and whenever you downloaded something check it  immediately with MWB  before opening the files (right click, scan) i scan everything immediately after downloading even nvidia drivers (so.yeah  i really mean *everything*)

Reveal hidden contents

fllscrnsnp_a.lvk6q.thumb.jpg.68c8d0d2f5be250c78586289a8b0c273.jpg

This works on any file, folder, drive, etc...

You can also upload files to virus total if you arent sure.

PS: and also have windows defender running at all times, theres really no reason to not have it running, its really  v lightweight (and not super reliable but better than nothing and hence the manual mwb scans)

Hehe wait wait 
Found it with this monitoring software 

This unarchiver.exe stops instantly when i open task manager

image.thumb.png.600a7305e490eb9acbbee9a20fb09b07.png

6 minutes ago, Chokez said:

Hehe wait wait 
Found it with this monitoring software 

This unarchiver.exe stops instantly when i open task manager

image.thumb.png.600a7305e490eb9acbbee9a20fb09b07.png

... that looks like something yeah, but do you have actually a software installed with that name?

its a bit unclear what it is , there are tons of different results when googling this...

Id be also slightly concerned about 55% "idle process" ... 🤔

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

2 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

... that looks like something yeah, but do you have actually a software installed with that name?

its a bit unclear what it is , there are tons of different results when googling this...

Id be also slightly concerned about 55% "idle process" ... 🤔

I don't have any software named unarchiver 
Oh and i don't understand what that idle process is 
but every software like this, also Process hacker shows this idle process with high cpu usage, i think this is showing cpu usage which is currently not in use? 
Cause my laptop is fine and also showing that 
If you install these they'll show you the same i guess 

So about this unarchiver, i've found this 
Someone said ContentManagement and unarchiver is the issue, found one and just have to find ContentManagement and i guess that'll fix my issue too 

Alright everyone 
If anyone is also facing this problem 
First of all you should do full scan of your drives, 
For me this didn't work cause the file which was running in backgrounds can't be detect as virus even with Malwarebytes 

I've tried many monitoring software, even with those software this virus treated them like task manager, So it disappeared instantly from those too 
Until i found remote process explorer which worked well
And i've found something called unarchiver.exe was using 25% of my cpu means 100% on core1 of my 4 core cpu. 

And after searching about this on google i've also found that ContentManagement in task scheduler starts this unarchiver.exe every 15min 
So i've deleted both of them (unarchiver.exe file which is about 200mb+ and ContentManagement in task scheduler) 

File location (
C:\Users\Windows 10\AppData\Roaming\unarchiver)

Some people in reddit said this started when they installed cracked version of Hitman 3, I did the same too :_: so maybe this was the culprit. 

It's been 30-40min i'm working on my PC, nothing is popping up like before, or those file is recreating like other viruses do. 

I'll keep monitoring this and keep this post updated if i see something else again.

Also thanks everyone for your suggestions.

image.png.3e939582ba3c7d5de93e82ec09390ee2.pngimage.png.12291937a200fd29a7a7abbabad0b838.png

39 minutes ago, Chokez said:

Here found this one too @Mark Kaineimage.thumb.png.4e96516ed730ff803d5f1baaeb517e39.png

Ok, but this seems to be a system process...  did u delete it?  Id have suggested to just disable it for now (usually that works and serves the same purpose but is a bit safer) I guess if you ever need this process you'd get it back with DISM command tho (not sure)

Well, fingers crossed!  😮

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

28 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Ok, but this seems to be a system process...  did u delete it?  Id have suggested to just disable it for now (usually that works and serves the same purpose but is a bit safer) I guess if you ever need this process you'd get it back with DISM command tho (not sure)

Yeah deleted this already xD 
But i don't know if this was a system process cause in that action tab there's only one action "unarchiver" 
I'll check on my laptop, if there is no contentmanagement, then i'll be sure that it was no system process 

22 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Yup not a system file/process 
My laptop doesn't have that