Literal Boomer needing some big brain energy

LordGrishnakh

Hey folks I require someone smarter than me.

For a few months now I have been having an issue with my pc. while playing certain games my screens would go black/light brown. this would happen with originally two games and now a third. The first games would me mount and blade warband. while playing the screen would go fully brown and the system would require a hard reset. while brown screening the games audio would still play. The second games is Lord of the rings online, this time how ever the screen would go black and after a 30's the desk top would appear and the games would show up as "not responding" in task manager, but like M&B the audio would play but the system would not require a hard reset I was able to close the game via task manager how ever steam would still show the game as running in my steam library. The third game is Scavengers the issues is the same as the one for Lotro.  A secondary more recent issue that has occurred is the system restarting by itself when booted up this has been the last months or so. 

I am aware my system is get and getting on but right now finances don't allow for upgrades and tbh even if I ultimately just need up dated hardware I'd still like the satisfaction of learning why it is having these issues because lets be honest I have nothing else going on and I might learn something. 

ill give you a run down of the system like I said its getting on in age.

Cpu: Intel Core i5 6600K @ 3.50GHz  Skylake

Ram: 16.0GB Dual-Channel Corsair vengeance @ 1068MHz (15-15-15-36)  ( this is showing up in speccy as 16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1068MHz (15-15-15-36))

Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z170-K (LGA1151)
GPU: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti (EVGA)

Any help would be appreciated and if you need any more info let me know all I ask in patience I'm not savvy on this stuff 

What are your thermals like? Did you ever apply any overclocking?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

I've never overclocked it and I've seen it hit 80c while gaming on it in the past recent it been around 70-75c while gaming. I was using after burner to track it. Ive just seen on speccy that my mother board  is 115c so I got Open hardware monitor and I got these results while idle. I'm assuming this is not good and this could be the source of my issue? I m sorry to say I don't understand what temperature equates to what. I'm not using a stock fan heatsink on the cpu I have a Cooler Master Seidon 120v if that helps understand the numbers some how. 

temps.PNG

gpumentempt.PNG

1 minute ago, LordGrishnakh said:

I've never overclocked it and I've seen it hit 80c while gaming on it in the past recent it been around 70-75c while gaming. I was using after burner to track it. Ive just seen on speccy that my mother board  is 115c so I got Open hardware monitor and I got these results while idle. I'm assuming this is not good and this could be the source of my issue? I m sorry to say I don't understand what temperature equates to what. I'm not using a stock fan heatsink on the cpu I have a Cooler Master Seidon 120v if that helps understand the numbers some how. 

temps.PNG

gpumentempt.PNG

Yeah, temps are fine. Have you tried removing and reinstalling the graphics driver. Use DDU to uninstall, and then download the driver as normal through GeForce Experience.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

I have it was one of the first things that was suggested to me the issues have continued since. This issues is not present with all games, for example I can play valorant and overwatch at quite a comfortable frame rate with no issues. i initially thought it was because M&B and Lotro are quite old games