Can TF2 temp data be used by bios to control fan speeds?

Go to solution Solved by For Science!,
2 minutes ago, jrb0031 said:

Apologies, it is the Thermaltake TF2 inline water temp and flow sensor.. Yes, ASUS Mobo

Hard for me to know, but I think if the values appear in HWInfo64 for example, then there is probably a chance to use a inOS fan control software to use it as an input, if its completely locked into the Thermaltake software environment, chances are probably slim. Of course this means that if you need support for non-Windows environments, its unlikely to work.

So if you want true BIOS support, I would recommend getting an additional 2-pin sensor that can go into the T_sensor header.

Is TF2 data transferred to the mobo via the USB 2.0 power connector, and if so, is it useful for bios fan configuration-- or must this come directly from a t_sensor connection on the board?  

Edited by jrb0031
clarification

2 hours ago, jrb0031 said:

Is TF2 data transferred to the mobo via the USB 2.0 power connector, and if so, is it useful for bios fan configuration-- or must this come directly from a t_sensor connection on the board?  

I'm not sure what TF2 data is, but BIOS control requires BIOS readable values, and so T_Sensor is the way to go (sounds like you have an Asus motherboard)

2 minutes ago, For Science! said:

I'm not sure what TF2 data is, but BIOS control requires BIOS readable values, and so T_Sensor is the way to go (sounds like you have an Asus motherboard)

Apologies, it is the Thermaltake TF2 inline water temp and flow sensor.. Yes, ASUS Mobo

2 minutes ago, jrb0031 said:

Hard for me to know, but I think if the values appear in HWInfo64 for example, then there is probably a chance to use a inOS fan control software to use it as an input, if its completely locked into the Thermaltake software environment, chances are probably slim. Of course this means that if you need support for non-Windows environments, its unlikely to work.

So if you want true BIOS support, I would recommend getting an additional 2-pin sensor that can go into the T_sensor header.

• 3 weeks later...

Did you get the temp from the TF2 recognised on your Asus board? I'd consider doing the same if its possible.