Trying to printer smearing (specifically at the bottom of the page)

Thibaultmol

It's a very weird issue that I can't get resolved trough the printers calibration menus either.

Basically at the bottom (last part it prints) (happens in double sided as well) the text is just kinda smeared out for a section. The rest of the page is perfectly fine

It's an Epson ET-4750 inkjet ecotank printer.

I also attached a lorem ipsum page.

Anybody have any ideas as to ways of fixing this?

IMG_20210507_143311.jpg

IMG_20210507_145646.jpg

4 minutes ago, Thibaultmol said:

the text is just kinda smeared out for a section. The rest of the page is perfectly fine

Try the deep cleaning and align the print head?

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

2 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Try the deep cleaning and align the print head?

I can't get resolved trough the printers calibration menus either.

I already tried all the options. But none of them work (because they adjust it on the entire page, while it's always only that small section at the bottom that's wrong)

Bad ink perhaps? Is it first party or third party ink and/or cartridges? Would be a bit strange for ink to only act up at the beginning and end. Is the paper feed going smooth at both times? It's been a literal decade since I messed with inkjets myself though. Everything I print is at the office with laser now and we're not allowed to touch them.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

Looks paper feed related, probably something isn't holding the paper correctly at the end anymore and it's getting too close to /far from the head. Check rollers etc, and if the printer has an adjustment for paper thickness check it's set correctly.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

26 minutes ago, tikker said:

Bad ink perhaps? Is it first party or third party ink and/or cartridges? Would be a bit strange for ink to only act up at the beginning and end. Is the paper feed going smooth at both times? It's been a literal decade since I messed with inkjets myself though. Everything I print is at the office with laser now and we're not allowed to touch them.

I only use first party ink because I want to avoid as many printing problems as possible.

12 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Looks paper feed related, probably something isn't holding the paper correctly at the end anymore and it's getting too close to /far from the head. Check rollers etc, and if the printer has an adjustment for paper thickness check it's set correctly.

That's what i figured as well. There doesn't seem to be any documentation on special settings or adjustments for paper thickness (unless if it's thicker than normal. But I have mine set to normal. And it's regular office paper, so yeah.

I already looked at the rollers, and them seem fine?