Rtx 3080 performance stuck in Minecraft with shaders on to GTX 1080 ti like performance

pwarrow88

So I have recently upgraded to a RTX 3080 for my Minecraft and I used to use a GTX 1080 ti which gave me around 50 to 60 fps in Minecraft with BSL sharers but because this is too low I got a 3080 and the performance seems to bit a but better but its all around the same. I have tried everything from giving Minecraft more ram to driver upgrades I have also verified my CPU was not an issue, mine is a intel core i7-7700k overclocked to 4.8 GHZ which when running Minecraft hovered around 50 to 70 percent usage after the game launched. Does anyone know why this is the case and is there a fix. Thanks in advance

Minecraft in general is a very poorly optimized game, Ive heard many people complain about bad performance even though they have $1500+ PC. You should probably find a good FPS booster to compensate for the frame loss.

Also you should move this post to help

"I like Pam Spray Butter," someone probably

My Pc : Dual Boot Windows 10 and Ubuntu 20.04

My Laptop : Windows 10

44 minutes ago, pwarrow88 said:

So I have recently upgraded to a RTX 3080 for my Minecraft and I used to use a GTX 1080 ti which gave me around 50 to 60 fps in Minecraft with BSL sharers but because this is too low I got a 3080 and the performance seems to bit a but better but its all around the same. I have tried everything from giving Minecraft more ram to driver upgrades I have also verified my CPU was not an issue, mine is a intel core i7-7700k overclocked to 4.8 GHZ which when running Minecraft hovered around 50 to 70 percent usage after the game launched. Does anyone know why this is the case and is there a fix. Thanks in advance

Is it stock Minecraft, with no mods or Optifine, etc?
Do you have a framerate cap under video settings?

elephants

41 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

Is it stock Minecraft, with no mods or Optifine, etc?
Do you have a framerate cap under video settings?

It stock minecraft running optifine and BSl shaders only I set the chunk to 20 on both and no frame rate cap and the result are the same still pretty bad

Just now, pwarrow88 said:

It stock minecraft running optifine and BSl shaders only I set the chunk to 20 on both and no frame rate cap and the result are the same still pretty bad

Chunk render distance to 20?
What happens if you set it back to 12?

elephants

43 minutes ago, guyish1 said:

Minecraft in general is a very poorly optimized game, Ive heard many people complain about bad performance even though they have $1500+ PC. You should probably find a good FPS booster to compensate for the frame loss.

Yeah I have heard minecraft is poorly optimized sigh even when I go 3080 still stuck with the same old performance. Btw how do I move this to help thanks

1 minute ago, FakeKGB said:

Chunk render distance to 20?
What happens if you set it back to 12?

It gets better but the fps varies alot like 160 to dips to 86 and even lower or sometimes out right freezing for a second or two

2 hours ago, guyish1 said:

I wouldn’t say it’s poorly optimized. The Java version is just hobbled by being Java.

The bedrock version, which is the version on the Microsoft store, is optimized for PC hardware.

<-- Moved to Troubleshooting -->

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

4 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

<-- Moved to Troubleshooting -->

IS this what I am suppose to do?

6 hours ago, Kisai said:

I wouldn’t say it’s poorly optimized. The Java version is just hobbled by being Java.

The bedrock version, which is the version on the Microsoft store, is optimized for PC hardware.

Oh so is that why they have 2 different version. Never knew it was for game optimization reasons

2 hours ago, pwarrow88 said:

Oh so is that why they have 2 different version. Never knew it was for game optimization reasons

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/campaigns/minecraft-with-rtx/

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/minecraft-rtx-dlss-official-release/

Now, ray tracing and DLSS are available to all, having become part of the official Minecraft Windows 10 client!

To experience incredible sights, accelerated by NVIDIA DLSS, simply download and install the latest version of Minecraft for Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store, head to the Minecraft Marketplace, download a free showcase world and load into it.

Yeah, basically the Windows 10 version can use RTX features. There is no possible way to use RTX features on the Java version. The Java version has some shader mods that simulate raytraced lighting, but it's absolutely not raytraced. It's simply not behavior that can be exposed since Java is only exposed to OpenGL/OpenGL ES.