Lower cinebench r23 score with XMP enabled than default.

Go to solution Solved by Mister Woof,

that difference is really small and well within the margin of error with cinebench

and cinebench doesn't really seem to care about memory speeds to begin with

So I just upgraded my RAM today and I tried running cinebench r23 before putting XMP on, just because I was curious how much it would add to the score. So I got 10970 with BIOS completely default, with XMP enabled I got 10850. I know the difference isn't huge but in my mind the XMP should add atleast a little to the score. Anyone have an idea what could be causing this? Or perhaps it's just normal and cinebench r23 doesn't care about RAM speed? Default my RAM run at 2666MHz & Tcas(20)-Trcd(19)-Trp(19)-Tras(43). With XMP enabled they run at 3600MHz & Tcas(16)-Trcd(18)-Trp(18)-Tras(18). These numbers I took from HWinfo.

CPU: 5600x

Motherboard: MSI B550-A Pro

RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ballistix 3600MHz cl16

make sure you dont have any other cpu utilizing processes running in the background, also make sure you do the same test for both. either way I wouldn't pay much attention to the score 

1 minute ago, iCypticx said:

make sure you dont have any other cpu utilizing processes running in the background, also make sure you do the same test for both. either way I wouldn't pay much attention to the score 

I did them both about 5 minutes after startup without opening anything, so it should be the same test for both. But perhaps I should try a few more tests just in case something was running in the background when I tested XMP.

that difference is really small and well within the margin of error with cinebench

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

1 minute ago, Mister Woof said:

That's the answer I was hoping to see, now I can stop being worried about it 😃