Intel/Cooler Master ML360 Cryo is super loud and basically running 100% non stop

I was one of the winners for the LTT/Intel giveaway back in December where they gave away a 10900K and that Cooler Master ML360 Cryo Cooler AIO. Naturally, a friend and I decided to upgrade our shared Media/Game Server server machine with the parts. After building it, the AIO is super loud. The pump sounds like it's running at 100% all the time with a consistent whine. We've been unable to make any kind of difference to it. And since it seems to use some kind of proprietary port for plugging it in, it has to be connected to the same headers as the fans.

The Intel software you're supposed to use with the cooler is honestly hot garbage and we haven't been able to get it to work since we installed the parts last week. The version cooler master provides is outdated, so when you try to start it, it tells us the configuration is invalid and to contact support. If we update the software, then it starts up, but just constantly gives a "Waiting for Cyro Cooler to start up" message. Trying to open the FAQ gives an "Invalid Firmware. FAQ not available" message. And trying to run a diagnostic test fails for an unknown reason on any version of the software.

This is definitely a niche product, but I'm hoping maybe any of the other 199 winners have any insight for us on this. Thank you!

Parts list of the machine:

On 5/5/2021 at 5:34 PM, Matt The Gamer said:

And since it seems to use some kind of proprietary port for plugging it in, it has to be connected to the same headers as the fans.

Looking at manual, you should be able to connect pump as its own to one fan header and fans directly or with another splitter as their own. After that, its just about checking and seeing if the pump receives controls from mobo or if its just for monitoring purposes.

For your other issues, CoolerMasters support is your best hope.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

There's a thread on the LTT forums that a number of winners (including myself) posted info in. In one of the posts I showed how you can easily splice a SATA extension cable to make the pump run at 7v instead of the full 12v. After doing that it's been great, running pretty much 24/7 for me for well over a month now. I can still hit 5.6ghz in Cryo mode, but leave it on standby mode with lower clockspeeds most of the time (mining overnight, etc). The post with my instructions should be here: 

As for the other issues, the MSI z490 A Pro doesn't support cryo coolers, which I'm guessing is the root of a lot of those problems. The easiest way to find out if a z490 board supports cryo coolers is to look at the BIOS updates for the model. There should be an update (usually late in 2020). That specifically mentions Cryo support. The MSI A Pro doesn't have one, but the higher ones (Gaming Edge, Tomahawk, Unify, Carbon, etc) all do. I use the z490 unify myself. You might be able to get around this by looking for the user modified "cryzen" version of the cryo software that bypasses the motherboard requirements (I haven't tested it myself,  but it was created to use with Ryzen platforms, as the name implies). Edit: found the link to the cryzen software: https://bitbucket.org/SethSwango/cryzen-1.0/downloads/

Your 650w power supply may also be borderline, depending on what video card etc you have (didn't see one listed in your parts). Remember that this cooler can take close to 200w on its own,  in addition to the nearly 300w a 10900k is capable of drawing during boost when overclocked (which is when your cooler will also be at max utilization).

• 2 weeks later...

Matt,

I ended up buying all my components but I've had my I9 10900KF since they launched anyway I've got all 3 fans plugged into individual fan headers I noticed that it was always running at full speed plugged into it's proprietary connectors. I set a custom fan curve for the cooler fans because you need to monitor the voltage under load yes it's going to be maxed so what I have it set for is under 21C the fans are running at 60% and they do quiet down even if all you hear is pump noise now at least the fans aren't at 100%. When the temp gets above 26C on the tray icon you'll notice it's going to start sucking down electricity so I up the fans to 85% then anything above 40C I have it set for 100%.. you will hear it playing games but it's doing what it's supposed to and you obviously don't want the coolant getting too hot.. I will say I wish they put a sensor in the radiator so you could monitor the coolant temp as well but oh well.. I run an MSI Z490 GODLIKE mobo a 10900KF @ an all core 5.38ghz, (I was able to do it before on my old 360 AIO but temps were unacceptable) 64gbs of ram @ 3788mhz and a 2070.. stilll waiting to get my hands on a 3090.. Hope this helps!!

PS I almost forgot you still need to plug the harness into the CPU fan header or the pump will not run I almost learned that the hard way lol..

20210401_221424.jpg

20210402_000656.jpg

• 2 years later...

Is there another file? I can't load this file.

On 7/5/2564 at 12 นาฬิกา 22 นาที, AnomalyDesign said:

สำหรับปัญหาอื่นๆ MSI z490 A Pro ไม่รองรับระบบทำความเย็นด้วยความเย็น ซึ่งฉันเดาว่านี่คือต้นตอของปัญหามากมายเหล่านั้น วิธีที่ง่ายที่สุดในการตรวจสอบว่าบอร์ด z490 รองรับระบบระบายความร้อนด้วยความเย็นหรือไม่ คือการดูการอัพเดต BIOS สำหรับรุ่นดังกล่าว ควรมีการอัปเดต (ปกติจะปลายปี 2020) นั่นกล่าวถึงการรองรับ Cryo โดยเฉพาะ MSI A Pro ไม่มี แต่รุ่นที่สูงกว่า (Gaming Edge, Tomahawk, Unify, Carbon ฯลฯ) ล้วนมี ผมใช้ z490 unify ตัวเองครับ คุณอาจสามารถแก้ไขปัญหานี้ได้โดยการค้นหาซอฟต์แวร์ cryo เวอร์ชัน "cryzen" ที่ผู้ใช้แก้ไข ซึ่งข้ามข้อกำหนดของมาเธอร์บอร์ด (ฉันไม่ได้ทดสอบด้วยตัวเอง แต่ถูกสร้างขึ้นเพื่อใช้กับแพลตฟอร์ม Ryzen ตามชื่อที่สื่อถึง ). แก้ไข: พบลิงก์ไปยังซอฟต์แวร์ cryzen:  https://bitbucket.org/SethSwango/cryzen-1

แหล่งจ่ายไฟ 650w ของคุณอาจเป็นเส้นเขตแดน ขึ้นอยู่กับการ์ดวิดีโอที่คุณมี (ไม่เห็นรายการใดรายการหนึ่งในส่วนของคุณ) โปรดจำไว้ว่าตัวทำความเย็นนี้สามารถกินไฟได้เกือบ 200w ด้วยตัวมันเอง นอกเหนือจากเกือบ 300w แล้ว 10900k ยังสามารถวาดในระหว่างการบูสต์เมื่อโอเวอร์คล็อกได้ (ซึ่งเป็นเวลาที่ตัวทำความเย็นของคุณจะใช้งานได้สูงสุดเช่นกัน)

5 hours ago, King eiei said:

Is there another file? I can't load this file.

I was just able to download the file from that link now, so if it is not working for you, it might be good try a different browser, or using a VPN in case there is a geographical restriction on that site (I was able to download in the US)

On 9/10/2566 at 23 นาฬิกา 57 นาที, AnomalyDesign said:

ตอนนี้ฉันสามารถดาวน์โหลดไฟล์จากลิงก์นั้นได้ ดังนั้นหากไฟล์นั้นใช้งานไม่ได้สำหรับคุณ ลองใช้เบราว์เซอร์อื่นหรือใช้ VPN ในกรณีที่มีข้อจำกัดทางภูมิศาสตร์บนไซต์นั้น (ฉันสามารถ ดาวน์โหลดในสหรัฐอเมริกา)

Do you have a clip for me? I've done a lot of things and I can't do it, please.

On 9/10/2566 at 23 นาฬิกา 57 นาที, AnomalyDesign said:

ตอนนี้ฉันสามารถดาวน์โหลดไฟล์จากลิงก์นั้นได้ ดังนั้นหากไฟล์นั้นใช้งานไม่ได้สำหรับคุณ ลองใช้เบราว์เซอร์อื่นหรือใช้ VPN ในกรณีที่มีข้อจำกัดทางภูมิศาสตร์บนไซต์นั้น (ฉันสามารถ ดาวน์โหลดในสหรัฐอเมริกา)

Or is there a process for how to do it?