Issues with secondary GPU

Hey guys!

I'm having issues with my secondary GPU. These are my specs:

MOBO: ASRock A320M-HD (updated to 6.20)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 1600 AF

RAM: HyperX 16gb 2666mhz (single)

GPU: Palit RTX 3060

Storage: 1 500gb HD, 1 120gb SSD, 1 240gb SSD.

I'm trying to do a little bit of mining with the small rig I have. I got a GTX 1660 Super to use the maximum capability of mining my MOBO can offer. 

The issue is that no matter what I try, I can't get my Windows to recognize the 1660. The 3060 is the primary on a PCIe x16 gen3 and the 1660 is on the riser (x16 to x1 through usb 3.0) conected to a PCIe x1 gen2. It doens't show up on device manager even after showing hidden devices.

I updated my bios and messed around in the configurations of bandwitch and speeds and nothing seems to change. 

PS.: The 1660 worked fine as the primary on the x16 and the riser was working previously. 

PS².: I'm aware that my system is not optimal for gaming, as it lacks a more powerful processor to avoid bottleneck and a second RAM stick for better performance. At this moment this build is perfect for me and will be upgraded in the near future. 

Thanks a lot in advance!

Did you check the motherboard manual. Some motherboards can not handle a second video card if too many SATA ports are in use or if a M.2 drive is installed.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

5 minutes ago, alyen said:

Did you check the motherboard manual. Some motherboards can not handle a second video card if too many SATA ports are in use or if a M.2 drive is installed.

Didn't know this was a thing! I'll try removing some storage drivers to test this as the manual does not specify this. 

Just an update for anyone who might encounter this issue in the future:

Despite the riser being tested before hand in a friend's PC, it somehow died in my hands. When I tested with another riser it worked normally.