CHOOSING BETWEEN RYZEN 5 2600 AND RYZEN 7 2700

I would just want to ask what can you recommend more for me as I am planning to save money to buy a new CPU from Ryzen 3 3200G for content creation (Adobe Premiere Pro/Photoshop/After Effects), because I have already a discrete GPU in RX580 4gb (pre-loved from a good friend, just gave it to me). I have an MSI A320M PRO-E motherboard. Which one would be better in your opinion? Based on paper, R5 2600 is at 3.4 GHz while the R7 2700 is at 3.2 GHz. But on the core/thread count, R7 2700 obviously wins at 8C/16T while R5 2600 has 6C/12T. Which one of them is more bang for the buck? Thanks a lot everyone! 

PS. Would try to buy a tray type only from Lazada/Shopee (online shopping platforms here in the Philippines)

would there be a problem on my motherboard if I put the 2700? well on paper it has 65 TDP and max temp of 95 degrees celcius

7 minutes ago, Rhncc_5 said:

R7 2700

Do you realize that CPU can be overclocked?

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

regarding overclocking I am just a newbie, wouldn't wanna risk hahahaha especially I do not have that insurance budget just in case things go bad (still a college student here)

1 minute ago, Vishera said:

Do you realize that CPU can be overclocked?

The A320 chipset has no OC support

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

4 minutes ago, Rhncc_5 said:

would there be a problem on my motherboard if I put the 2700? well on paper it has 65 TDP and max temp of 95 degrees celcius

you'll need quite good case airflow to make sure the vrms on the motherboard don't overheat

A 2700 on a A320 board? Yeah, no.

Can't you fit a 3600 in there?

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

I am worried if I will put a 3600 for it is already under 3rd gen, that's why I am choosing so far between R5 2600 and R7 2700

1 minute ago, Rhncc_5 said:

I am worried if I will put a 3600 for it is already under 3rd gen, that's why I am choosing so far between R5 2600 and R7 2700

When it comes to bang for the buck, the 2600 wins hands down. At least with the US retail prices. The R7 2700 costs almost double of the R5 2600, while only performing slightly better in productivity.

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

23 minutes ago, Rhncc_5 said:

the 3600 would work better than the 2700 with that board

42 minutes ago, Rhncc_5 said:

the 3600 would work much better than the 2700 on that A320

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

In the end it all depends on the price difference between the processors.

The 200 Mhz different doesn't matter that much ... you'll get more performance when/if premiere and whatever else you end up using starts multithreading and using the extra cores. 

The 2600 model comes with the low height / low thermal mass Wraith Stealth cooler ... it'd decent enough, good enough for the 2600... will keep it below 80c so it's fine. 

The 2700 model has the wraith spire cooler, which is beefier and larger, and cools a bit better. 

The VRM on the motherboard is somewhat weak, but it will handle both processors fine. You can help your motherboard by placing a few heatsinks on the vrm (you can buy tiny heatsinks with adhesive tape applied to them) so it's just a matter of making sure those chip tops are clean and sticking the heatsinks to the top of the chips 

Example heatsinks (but i'd get ones that have taller fins) : https://www.amazon.com/Aluminum-Heatsinks-Conductive-Raspberry-Transistor/dp/B084X4VMP9/

image.png.8d44fd4dd995cf3d101f5c113d326945.png