Should I upgrade from 850w psu to 1000w?

henmen

Currently have 5900x and 6900xt both max overclocked with 13 fans and watercooling system. The bequiet psu calculator says I will be at 92% of an 850 and recommends a 1000. The occt psu test fails instantly currently. Wondering if I should increase to 1000. Thanks 

2 minutes ago, henmen said:

watercooling system.

Rad setup? Have ya try undervolting it?

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Just now, SorryClaire said:

Currently 80mm 360 bottom intake push pull, 55mm 360 side intake and 45mm 360 top intake. One 120mm exhaust fan. Many intakes but I think it's better having my top as intake also because before it was just exhausting pretty hot case temps and not likely helping water much.

5 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

cpu is auto with full negative curve optimizer and gpu is currently slightly undervolted but has increased power limit. 

Do you have any system crashes?

No - Don't upgrade.

Yes - Upgrade. 

Simple as that.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Which 850W PSU do you currently have? 850W should be plenty for a 5900X + 6900XT, but depending on how far you've overclocked it who knows.

1 hour ago, henmen said:

The occt psu test fails instantly currently.

The system shuts down?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 hours ago, Spotty said:

Which 850W PSU do you currently have? 850W should be plenty for a 5900X + 6900XT, but depending on how far you've overclocked it who knows.

The system shuts down?

No it just will not run and say test failed right after it tries to start. 

Also I'm using 18gauge extenders for cpu and gpu these should be fine right or do I want 16gauge? 

3 hours ago, Spotty said:

The system shuts down?

It's the corsair rmx 850w.