GPU fan speed not detecting?!

Go to solution Solved by Tech87,

I would be more concerned with the fact it has stopped outputting video multiple times already.

Does the ebay seller offer returns? If so, perhaps it would be in your best interest to go that route.

First I would try updating to the latest video driver, if you haven't already done so.

I recently got a Powercolor RX550 4GB. The card works mostly fine apart from the fan speed not being detected on any software. However, the fans do spin up just how they are expected to. Any idea what to do? Could it just be a loose cable?

I only got this card 28th April  (5 days ago) and twice it has already stopped outputting all video and nothing seems to work except audio. Not even the power button to shut down seems to work. I had to force shut down, first time also had to use a restore point as it would freeze on boot up, second time turned back on like nothing happened.

19 hours ago, Tech87 said:

Was the card purchased new or used?

If new, it may be worth doing a return with the retailer, or an RMA if necessary.

It was purchased used on eBay. I have been looking online and this appears to be a common issue with the rx 550 with manufacturers cheaping out on this card? Apparently the ASUS version doesn't have fan control at all??

On a different forum I read that the fan should have a 4 wired cable going to a 4 pin connector on the graphics card daughterboard (I hope that's the right term) but my card I think only has a 2 wire cable to 2 pin header and looks like that's intentional. I didn't see any other cables on there either but of course didn't go poking around in there haha. Could this be true? If it is, I guess I just have to live with it.

The card only stopped outputting video about half an hour after each time it's used to stream or record but for now works fine if I just stay away from Radeon ReLive.

I would be more concerned with the fact it has stopped outputting video multiple times already.

Does the ebay seller offer returns? If so, perhaps it would be in your best interest to go that route.

First I would try updating to the latest video driver, if you haven't already done so.

PSU Tier List   AMD Motherboard Tier List   SSD Tier List

If your issue is resolved, please share the fix with the community.