Apple TV with Android phone

Cbwr

Hi!

I'm quite interested in buying the new Apple TV 4K, but was wondering about the experience with an Android device.

Will I be easily able to cast YouTube, Netflix or any other app that supports casting from my Android phone? By easy, I mean simply pressing the cast button in an app and finding the Apple TV in the "available devices to cast to" list, preferably without any shady third party apps or tools. Full screen sharing/casting would be nice also but not a requirement.

I can't seem to find a recent and clear answer (or I'm bad at searching).

Also, how's the experience in general? Is it worth it as my first and only Apple device? I'm looking for an easy way to transform a TV into a smart one with a good OS and easy ways to connect to via Bluetooth for wireless audio, which I've looked up and know the Apple TV has. And so I was wondering if it's worth buying?

Thanks!

(I hope I did this right and I posted it in the right place)

17 hours ago, Cbwr said:

Hi!

I'm quite interested in buying the new Apple TV 4K, but was wondering about the experience with an Android device.

Will I be easily able to cast YouTube, Netflix or any other app that supports casting from my Android phone? By easy, I mean simply pressing the cast button in an app and finding the Apple TV in the "available devices to cast to" list, preferably without any shady third party apps or tools. Full screen sharing/casting would be nice also but not a requirement.

I can't seem to find a recent and clear answer (or I'm bad at searching).

Also, how's the experience in general? Is it worth it as my first and only Apple device? I'm looking for an easy way to transform a TV into a smart one with a good OS and easy ways to connect to via Bluetooth for wireless audio, which I've looked up and know the Apple TV has. And so I was wondering if it's worth buying?

Thanks!

(I hope I did this right and I posted it in the right place)

It's a great media player, but I wouldn't get one expecting more than a little bit of casting support from Android (like YouTube, as mentioned). It integrates very well with Apple devices, of course.

To me, the Apple TV's greatest advantage is as a catch-all for media services. You know there will be an app for your favourite streaming provider, even if it's obscure. Even Roku can't claim that.