In game sound issue

Satan666

This just started happening today and I have no clue why. For some reason, up until now, I kept my system volume on 20 and it was plenty loud enough for my games. Now, 20 is quite loud for the system sounds as well as music and anything but my games. Now I am having to turn it up to 90 to be able to hear in game. My headset is a Corsair Virtuoso SE if that helps. I've messed around in iCue as well as restarted my PC, and nothing seems to be working, I'm not sure what changed. Any ideas on why my in game sound is now quieter than everything else?

7 minutes ago, Satan666 said:

This just started happening today and I have clue why. For some reason, up until now, I kept my system volume on 20 and it was plenty loud enough for my games. Now, 20 is quite loud for the system sounds as well as music and anything but my games. Now I am having to turn it up to 90 to be able to hear in game. My headset is a Corsair Virtuoso SE if that helps. I've messed around in iCue as well as restarted my PC, and nothing seems to be working, I'm not sure what changed. Any ideas on why my in game sound is now quieter than everything else?

This is why you never buy audio products from keyboard manufacturers. Anyways. Have you checked everything in sound settings in windows?

Edit: Like volume mixer or when you right click the sound icon and press sound and not the above options since that takes you to windows's bullshit settings.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

30 minutes ago, Tigerleon said:

This is why you never buy audio products from keyboard manufacturers. Anyways. Have you checked everything in sound settings in windows?

Edit: Like volume mixer or when you right click the sound icon and press sound and not the above options since that takes you to windows's bullshit settings.

Yup, already checked that. At first I though it was maybe just an issue with steam, but games from other launchers have it too 😞 Also, should I use the windows sonic sound setting or not?

Can you check the headset using other source like your smartphone, portable audio player or other device to rule out your pc? 

Audio products from keyboards manufacturers are usually piece of shit. 

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

11 hours ago, Satan666 said:

Yup, already checked that. At first I though it was maybe just an issue with steam, but games from other launchers have it too 😞 Also, should I use the windows sonic sound setting or not?

NEVER use any surround feature for headphones. Just ruins the audio quality. Always stereo.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)