Can't access computer or reinstall windows

Go to solution Solved by Avalura,

My best friend and i decided about 10pm last night to just have a small Lan together.

Then he starts his computer, puts in his pin code severall times but couldn't login.

He tried with his microsoft password and it didn't work either.

Getting a new pin code or resetting the password worked as well.

So far i've tried to start the computer in safe mode,

reinstall windows, recover to another version before everything went wrong.

Tried to boot a USB with media creator tool, override boot. 

Even tried asking 2 of our best friends who are the biggest tech nerds in our friend group, they can't figure it out.

We can't access the login screen anymore, only BIOS, safe mode menu or command prompt.

Has anyone ever encountered this before? it would be a big help since he has lots of pictures and videos that are personally important to him.

any tips on what we could do is appreciated!

My best friend and i decided about 10pm last night to just have a small Lan together.

Then he starts his computer, puts in his pin code severall times but couldn't login.

He tried with his microsoft password and it didn't work either.

Getting a new pin code or resetting the password worked as well.

So far i've tried to start the computer in safe mode,

reinstall windows, recover to another version before everything went wrong.

Tried to boot a USB with media creator tool, override boot. 

Even tried asking 2 of our best friends who are the biggest tech nerds in our friend group, they can't figure it out.

We can't access the login screen anymore, only BIOS, safe mode menu or command prompt.

Has anyone ever encountered this before? it would be a big help since he has lots of pictures and videos that are personally important to him.

any tips on what we could do is appreciated!

Take the drive out and connect it to another PC for manual file copy from it to another location.

Alternatively, install a new drive and make the old a secondary so he can do the same as the first option.

Above all, you don't want to risk deleting data from a drive if there's a problem with it or encrypted with BitLocker. There are many reasons why the system wont boot and the fix could involving sacrificing what's stored on it.

27 minutes ago, StDragon said:

Take the drive out and connect it to another PC for manual file copy from it to another location.

Alternatively, install a new drive and make the old a secondary so he can do the same as the first option.

Above all, you don't want to risk deleting data from a drive if there's a problem with it or encrypted with BitLocker. There are many reasons why the system wont boot and the fix could involving sacrificing what's stored on it.

will try that asap, Ty