What TV should I get?...

#Banana

I'm looking for a 65 inch tv, if I had to pick a budget I would say $1700 USD.

I don't plan on gaming on it so refresh rate isn't as important as picture, I just tend to watch  netflix and hbo max and other local content form a pc.

What should I look for in terms of display technology? OLEDs are nice and all but they are prone to burn in; my dad found out the hard way. what brand or  tv would  you recommend for an avid TV show marathoner? 

Here is where I would keep my frolics if I had any.

I think for non oled you can have it for $700-1000.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

If gaming is not your thing and you won't watch regular broadcast TV, then OLED burn in is not a concern you should have. You are pretty much the best-case user for OLED TVs. I'd get a LG CX 65" or a C1 if you can find it for that budget.

Alternatively the Samsung Q80T is the best LED option for your budget.

But as an OLED owner i'd go with the OLED again without hesitation.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

OLED burn in is not really a concern. RTings has a test they did regarding this, years of news/sports and Fifa for a video game test. OLED burn in is not the same as plasma burn in. On my old plasma, if I left a menu open for a while, you could still see the "ghost image" of the menu for the first few seconds if you then started watching a bright scene. OLED is nothing like this and even my Plasma had no burn in 15 years later. My dad also had a plasma TV back when I was playing a lot of FPS games, no issues there either, it's still a secondary screen to another plasma he got. He'd also watch a lot of F1 Racing back when he still had cable.