In need for help on info about SSD's

Hi, I am currently looking for parts to build a temporary integrated graphics gaming PC. I need some help choosing a 1TB SSD that isn't ridiculous in price and is reasonably fast.

You're in the wrong category. "Off Topic - Non-tech related content only please! New members can say Hi here.", you want this "General Discussion - Come hang out and discuss tech related content! Please check other subforums before posting."

Internal, I assume? Maybe the WD Blue (WDS100T2B0A)

18 minutes ago, Adam_Him said:

Hi, I am currently looking for parts to build a temporary integrated graphics gaming PC. I need some help choosing a 1TB SSD that isn't ridiculous in price and is reasonably fast.

Well, first of all welcome to LTT forums!

Are you looking for NVME or SATA or M.2?

2 minutes ago, itsTyrion said:

You're in the wrong category. "Off Topic - Non-tech related content only please! New members can say Hi here.", you want this "General Discussion - Come hang out and discuss tech related content! Please check other subforums before posting."

No, this goes to Storage Devices. General Discussion is what its name implies: "General Discussion". It's NOT for questions that have a dedicated subforum.

OP, what motherboard do you have/planning to buy, and do you want M.2 or 2.5"?

elephants

Just now, FakeKGB said:

No, this goes to Storage Devices. General Discussion is what its name implies: "General Discussion". It's NOT for questions that have a dedicated subforum.

Whoops, overlooked that subforum. I made my account like half an hour ago. General is still more appropriate than offtopic tho

True, I (somehow) forgot about M.2.
I can recommend the WD Blue SN550 M.2 for that. Good price/performance and the cheapest drive that isn't QLC or cacheless I am aware off. Actually, even cheaper than some QLC drives, at least here

39 minutes ago, wat3rmelon_man2 said:

Well, first of all welcome to LTT forums!

Are you looking for NVME or SATA or M.2?

Hi, I don't know. I'm looking for any good 1TB SSD.  Thanks 

41 minutes ago, itsTyrion said:

Internal, I assume? Maybe the WD Blue (WDS100T2B0A)

Sorry, I'm new to the linustechtips forum. Thanks for your suggestion

<-- Moved to Storage Devices -->

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 hour ago, FakeKGB said:

OP, what motherboard do you have/planning to buy, and do you want M.2 or 2.5"?

I still haven't chosen a motherboard

1 hour ago, Adam_Him said:

Hi, I don't know. I'm looking for any good 1TB SSD.  Thanks 

Well what does your motherboard have:

All motherboards have SATA connectors they look like this: L_____  Usually on the right side of the board.

Some newer motherboards have M.2 connectors that look like a smaller PCIe.

M.2 is faster but sata is cheaper.

2 hours ago, wat3rmelon_man2 said:

Well what does your motherboard have:

All motherboards have SATA connectors they look like this: L_____  Usually on the right side of the board.

Some newer motherboards have M.2 connectors that look like a smaller PCIe.

M.2 is faster but sata is cheaper.

I haven't picked a motherboard yet. But I'm using PCPartPicker to see if my parts are compatible with each other.

7 hours ago, Adam_Him said:

I haven't picked a motherboard yet. But I'm using PCPartPicker to see if my parts are compatible with each other.

I’d suggest the Hynix one for SATA https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SNHB4RC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_PA1QJVM194H7Z2BD4B9Z

And this XPG one for m.2

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SKG68CB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_05NFTS01XX0G6DNFRFS0

i own the Hynix one and can confirm it’s good.

22 hours ago, Adam_Him said:

Hi, I don't know. I'm looking for any good 1TB SSD

What is your budget? Do you want cheapest one worth getting? If that's the case then WD Blue for SATA and for NVMe Crucial P1 (or Kingston A2000, a bit more expensive for better longevity)