PS5 vs XBOX Series X for streaming

Reaper_3955
Go to solution Solved by Chris Pratt,
1 minute ago, Reaper_3955 said:

ok thnx, I looked at the specs for ps5, and i put the ryzen 7, a gpu with the same specs as the one in ps5, and 16 gb ram and 1tb ssd, it came out more than the price of ps5. but i'll still ask a pc for birthday.

Yes, because you're likely getting the GPU from a third party that's scalping it. You can get the same package cheaper in a prebuilt or a laptop, because you're basically just paying MSRP (for the most part). This is a really bad time to custom build, but there's still ways to get good gaming PCs.

Hi, I gave up on getting a PC for myself and I thought i would just money from streaming on console first and then getting one. but my question is ps5 or xbox series x? I want to stream with a face cam and I don't know if i would be able to stream on twitch on xbox with a face cam because xbox doesn't have their own camera. pls give me the best recommendations. I found ps5 on newegg for $1,349.99 and xbox series x for $1,149.99. I dont care about the price as long as it gives me a lot of good experiences while streaming (with a face cam of course 🙂).

Console streaming is ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. No way to switch overlay beyond switching apps entirely, no way to adjust bitrate to something actually watchable, and quality can degrade out of nowhere in certain games (Days Gone in particular, but i know many games is also in this basket). If you wanna stream, please do yourself a favor and get a PC. OBS is basically a killer app for streaming, and you can get console and capture cards later if you wanna stream console exclusive titles.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

1300usd is very expensive for ps4, you can get a decent gaming pc with it (even with the expensive gpu).

For that money i would get a Ryzen laptop with 1650 gpu or better.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

27 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

1300usd is very expensive for ps4, you can get a decent gaming pc with it (even with the expensive gpu).

For that money i would get a Ryzen laptop with 1650 gpu or better.

it is actually ps5 (with extra wireless dualsense controller)

31 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Console streaming is ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. No way to switch overlay beyond switching apps entirely, no way to adjust bitrate to something actually watchable, and quality can degrade out of nowhere in certain games (Days Gone in particular, but i know many games is also in this basket). If you wanna stream, please do yourself a favor and get a PC. OBS is basically a killer app for streaming, and you can get console and capture cards later if you wanna stream console exclusive titles.

ps5 not that bad but I can't just jump to pc right away, and i don't want to game on mobile either, so I chose ps5. this ps5 comes with an extra controller and is cheaper than really good builds i have seen. i'll talk to my dad about getting a pc for my birthday.

in that case 1300 is expensive for a ps5 with a wireless dualsense controller

2 minutes ago, Reaper_3955 said:

The point remains. For that price you can get a prebuilt or a laptop that will be good enough for gaming and give you much better streaming potential.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

2 minutes ago, Reaper_3955 said:

ps5 not that bad but I can't just jump to pc right away, and i don't want to game on mobile either, so I chose ps5. this ps5 comes with an extra controller and is cheaper than really good builds i have seen. i'll talk to my dad about getting a pc for my birthday.

Well then birthday path it is. Streaming is not going to give out money to give a return on investment off the bat anyway, dont pay scalper price so you can have an inferior STREAMING experience. I know PS5 gaming is basically breathtaking but at 1300$, its not a good deal nor value at all. If youre despair for a PC, to stream, consider laptop as to what @SupaKomputaand @Chris Prattsays.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Yeah typo, still a 1300usd console is VERY expensive.

For the same money you can get a Zephyrus G15 with 2060.

image.png.17168f18c1fff7a9a0cf25d375a265f5.png

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

ok thnx, I looked at the specs for ps5, and i put the ryzen 7, a gpu with the same specs as the one in ps5, and 16 gb ram and 1tb ssd, it came out more than the price of ps5. but i'll still ask a pc for birthday.

Yes, because you're likely getting the GPU from a third party that's scalping it. You can get the same package cheaper in a prebuilt or a laptop, because you're basically just paying MSRP (for the most part). This is a really bad time to custom build, but there's still ways to get good gaming PCs.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

17 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

i already know the creator pc by nzxt which i saw lots of good reviews for. should i get it?

specs of creator pc:

i9-10900k

ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3090 

1tb ssd

4tb hdd

64gb ddr4 3000mhz

15 hours ago, Reaper_3955 said:

Hi, I gave up on getting a PC for myself and I thought i would just money from streaming on console first and then getting one. but my question is ps5 or xbox series x? I want to stream with a face cam and I don't know if i would be able to stream on twitch on xbox with a face cam because xbox doesn't have their own camera. pls give me the best recommendations. I found ps5 on newegg for $1,349.99 and xbox series x for $1,149.99. I dont care about the price as long as it gives me a lot of good experiences while streaming (with a face cam of course 🙂).

... No disrespect man, but $1300 for a ps5? I mean, is it made of gold? It can cook? It does taxes? Because otherwise I’m not sure it was the best deal.

10 hours ago, TheInvisible_Dude said:

... No disrespect man, but $1300 for a ps5? I mean, is it made of gold? It can cook? It does taxes? Because otherwise I’m not sure it was the best deal.

i know Ozeal Computers is fulla scammers. I chose the corsair vengeance a7200 gaming pc. absolute beast for the specs i chose. 

Specs of chosen pc:

ryzen 9 5900x

rtx 3080

32gb ram 3200mhz

2tb hdd

1tb ssd