Xbox Controller for W10 (that works)

ChileanFox

I'd like to get an xbox controller to play on the PC via Bluetooth but i read the latest X/S model has some issues  on W10,  i couldnt find the previous  model on my country which i suppose would work better  .  Have you had any related issues?

Source

Well does your PC have Bluetooth?

if can use a Micro USB cable or get an Xbox Wireless Adapter for about $20 on Amazon. Here's one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CY14VGD/

EDIT: I'm talking about previous model controllers (Xbox One S)

As Someone with the username “</TheCoder2019_”, my coding skills are atrocious.

Here are my specs:

Spoiler

MSI PRO-VLH H310M

Intel Core i3-8100 (Thanks, @Schnoz!)

GTX 1060 OC 3GB or Intel UHD 630

16GB (2x8) Cosair Vengeance LPX CL16 - 2400MHz

GAMDIAS Argus M1

An old friend of mine - Intel stock cooler (temps through the roof like 60 C under load)

Linux Apps you NEED!

Spoiler

tmux

dhcpd

git

Hi! I love RGB! Who doesn't? Karens that don't have colorful lights on their Facebook page

I own an Xbox Series controller that I use with my PC. It does have issues right out the box (mainly random disconnections while gaming), but I managed to fix them. Download the Xbox Accessories app from the Windows Store, plug in your controller to your PC (I think you can use a wireless/bluetooth connection, but I'm not sure) and update the firmware.

Ever since I did that update, I've had zero problems.

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

i just got the controller and i updated the firmware as instructed, its working fine when using the USB C cable but on wireless it doesnt work properly at all, games crash or it changes the configuration of all buttons making it unplayable. Im using a generic Bluetooth 4.0 Dongle and in device manager its shown as Xbox Wireless Controller. I have Windows 10 version 1909, should i update to 20H2?. Thx

1 hour ago, ChileanFox said:

i just got the controller and i updated the firmware as instructed, its working fine when using the USB C cable but on wireless it doesnt work properly at all, games crash or it changes the configuration of all buttons making it unplayable. Im using a generic Bluetooth 4.0 Dongle and in device manager its shown as Xbox Wireless Controller. I have Windows 10 version 1909, should i update to 20H2?. Thx

Hmm, that's weird. Try updating Windows, yeah. Also, are you playing Steam games?

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |