Formatting error now Not Initialized

M0SIE

I have m.2 sata ssd that i got from my friend and i decided to use it on my PC. When i got it i decided it was a good idea to re-format the disk before using, however after formating disk management stated that there was an error so i decided to restart my PC and now its showing that its Not Initialized.

Screenshot 2021-04-21 185411.png

6 minutes ago, M0SIE said:

I have m.2 sata ssd that i got from my friend and i decided to use it on my PC. When i got it i decided it was a good idea to re-format the disk before using, however after formating disk management stated that there was an error so i decided to restart my PC and now its showing that its Not Initialized.

Bad news: you got unlucky and the SSD most likely just died. You should check it in another PC, but I'm pretty certain there's nothing left to do other than toss it now.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Run a secure erase on the SSD and try again. Maybe try using diskgenius  if still not working- after if it still does not recognize the disk - initialize it with diskpart (cmd/powershell)

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

According the screenshot the disk is not initialized. You will need to do that in order for it to appear as a partition. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

10 minutes ago, Analog said:

According the screenshot the disk is not initialized. You will need to do that in order for it to appear as a partition. 

I have tried that results is this

Screenshot 2021-04-21 193128.png

Just now, M0SIE said:

I have tried that results in this

Screenshot 2021-04-21 193128.png

Does the SSD appear in the BIOS?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

10 minutes ago, Analog said:

23 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Run a secure erase on the SSD and try again. Maybe try using diskgenius  if still not working- after if it still does not recognize the disk - initialize it with diskpart (cmd/powershell)

Windows would display the drive's size, if any of that was possible. The fact that Windows cannot even determine the drive's size is because the issue is deeper than just there not being a partition-table.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

Windows would display the drive's size, if any of that was possible. The fact that Windows cannot even determine the drive's size is because the issue is deeper than just there not being a partition-table.

Didn't see that💪

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

8 minutes ago, Analog said:

Does the SSD appear in the BIOS?

it does not

33 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

does not show up on the programs but shows up on diskpart but doesnt help

42 minutes ago, M0SIE said:

it does not

Based on this I would say most probably the drive is dead.