socket ?

Go to solution Solved by Gamer4714,

Even in Intel and AMD most of the CPUs have different sockets. For intel Their Core i3, i5 , i7 , i9 all of them have different sockets. Whereas AMD in all of their new Ryzen lineup has the same socket. So compatibility is great on AMD (but sometimes a bios update is needed).  The conclusion is that You can never mix up intel and amd sockets and use them for each other. Each Company and each lineup has it's own new socket. And also is this a meme post?, cause I though that all who knew about computers knew about the basic of processor socket compatibility.

hello, 

I would like to know if I can put a processor amd ryzen 9 5980hs on an intel pentium N4200 (2mo memory cache).

Is this going to work?

What... explain with better details please.

Likely No if its what I'm thinking..

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

2 minutes ago, gamerabbit16 said:

I would like to know if I can put a processor amd ryzen 9 5980hs on an intel pentium N4200 (2mo memory cache).

First of all, those are both CPUs: you can't put a CPU on a CPU, it won't do anything. Secondly, no, you can't put AMD CPUs in an Intel mobo or vice versa, if that's what you were trying to ask. Thirdly, the Pentium N4200 is soldered down anyways, so you'd need to have the equipment to desolder it from the mobo to begin with.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Can't use AMD processor on Intel motherboard.

I edit my posts more often than not

20 minutes ago, gamerabbit16 said:

and in an intel core i3?

Look at my previous answer.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

is this a meme post?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||| GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 GAMING OC ||| Motherboard: Asus Rog Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ||RAM: G.Skill Trident Z DDR-4400 CL16 ||| PSU: Corsair HX Platinum 1200 W 80+ ||| Case: Lian Li - O11 Dynamic Evo ||| Storage: 2x Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB NVME SSD ||| Cooling: (CPU: EKWB RGB 360 AIO) (Case-Fans: Lian Li SL-120 Infinity)

Even in Intel and AMD most of the CPUs have different sockets. For intel Their Core i3, i5 , i7 , i9 all of them have different sockets. Whereas AMD in all of their new Ryzen lineup has the same socket. So compatibility is great on AMD (but sometimes a bios update is needed).  The conclusion is that You can never mix up intel and amd sockets and use them for each other. Each Company and each lineup has it's own new socket. And also is this a meme post?, cause I though that all who knew about computers knew about the basic of processor socket compatibility.

If my answer is correct or is helpful please mark it as the solution. Quote me in your post to summon me. Beware that after summoning me ill never leave. 

3 minutes ago, Gamer4714 said:

i mean i did ask if this is a meme post since most people who are in this community already know that they are not compatible 🙂 but sometimes some people come in here to ask for herlp so i guess this could be non satire

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||| GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 GAMING OC ||| Motherboard: Asus Rog Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ||RAM: G.Skill Trident Z DDR-4400 CL16 ||| PSU: Corsair HX Platinum 1200 W 80+ ||| Case: Lian Li - O11 Dynamic Evo ||| Storage: 2x Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB NVME SSD ||| Cooling: (CPU: EKWB RGB 360 AIO) (Case-Fans: Lian Li SL-120 Infinity)