IPhone X issues with screen randomly turning off

riotousfive275

Hey there!

I have been having some funky issues with my old IPhone X that randomly started occurring a few months ago.  The phone is completely operational except for one thing, whenever I boot it up it up it lets me type my passcode to enter but then about 10 seconds of having it unlocked, the screen turns off.  I then proceed to turn it on again but each time I go through this process, the time it stays on for is shorter and shorter until eventually I cannot turn the screen on.  I have never had any other issues with this phone, but I have had it for a while (June 2018).  I have debated on whether to replace the screen or not, but I'm not quite sure that is the issue.  The phone charges and can remained charged so I'm not too convinced it's the battery.

Any thoughts on how to approach this? 

Thank you so much!  

Backup and do a full reset.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

I'll definitely try that when I get the chance, however in order to do that I need to access the phone and allow access to my PC but the screen does not allow me to give access because it shuts off so quickly.

You don't need working screen to get into dfu mode.(but you won't be able to do backup)

If reset doesn't help, then you could try connect new screen and check if it works normally or go into phone repair and they will diagnose it