My first pc build (pls give suggestions)

Tokoyami_

Budget (including currency): 700€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: esport games mainly

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I was thinking of building my first pc and because graphics cards are too expensive and I don't have that much money I am building an apu build. I am planning on getting a graphic in the future. Do you think this is a good build?

The issue is apus use system memory for video so you want the fastest stuff that will work. The problem is the Max memory speed for the 3200g is 2933mhz

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

The issue is apus use system memory for video so you want the fastest stuff that will work. The problem is the Max memory speed for the 3200g is 2933mhz

thanks I did not know that

59 minutes ago, Tokoyami_ said:

thanks I did not know that

I also ran into a review that said the 3200g was 4/4 whereas the 3400g was 4/8.  This disagrees with other things I have read though so I don’t know if it is true or not.  I have always seen the 3200g as being referred to as 4/8.  Also mentions the thing was under $100 when it came out.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I also ran into a review that said the 3200g was 4/4 whereas the 3400g was 4/8.  This disagrees with other things I have read though so I don’t know if it is true or not.  I have always seen the 3200g as being referred to as 4/8.  Also mentions the thing was under $100 when it came out.

What are you talking about?The official specs for the 3200g are and always were a 4c/4t with 8 Vega cores.

And that's on the official AMD website,where do you get your information?

4 minutes ago, Cheburek said:

What are you talking about?The official specs for the 3200g are and always were a 4c/4t with 8 Vega cores.

And that's on the official AMD website,where do you get your information?

This forum.  There’s supposed to be according to other posts very little functional difference between the 3400g and 3200g.  I can only repeat what I have read.  It’s possible AMD was quietly unlocking multithreading on some 3200gs for a while but then stopped.  I don’t know.  The review I read was quite old.  From when the thing originally came out.  Real 4/4 would be something best avoided for a lot of gaming. Not all of it.  It would still work with competitive shooters and some other titles.  Still major problems could occur though.

Edited by Bombastinator

13 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

This forum.  There’s supposed to be according to other posts very little functional difference between the 3400g and 3200g.  I can only repeat what I have read.  It’s possible AMD was quietly unlocking multithreading on some 3200gs for a while but then stopped.  I don’t know.

The difference between a 3200g and 3400g when benchmarked without a GPU is indeed just a couple frames but when tested with an RTX 2060 the difference is very large(about 20-30 FPS).

This is because the 3400g is a faster CPU and has hyperthreading.

The 3200g never had multithreading but I think I understand the confusion.

The 3200g has 4 cores and 8 compute cores(8 vega cores) so maybe you mixed them up.

1 minute ago, Cheburek said:

The difference between a 3200g and 3400g when benchmarked without a GPU is indeed just a couple frames but when tested with an RTX 2060 the difference is very large(about 20-30 FPS).

This is because the 3400g is a faster CPU and has hyperthreading.

The 3200g never had multithreading I think I understand the confusion.

The 3200g has 4 cores and 8 computer cores(8 vega cores) so maybe you mixed them up.

Do you mean 8 gpu cores?  

3 hours ago, Tokoyami_ said:

Budget (including currency): 700€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: esport games mainly

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I was thinking of building my first pc and because graphics cards are too expensive and I don't have that much money I am building an apu build. I am planning on getting a graphic in the future. Do you think this is a good build?

The 3200g is a fine APU but yours is overpriced.For 169$ you should be able to get a 3400g!

I guess you can't do anything about that,the build itself is solid.

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Do you mean 8 gpu cores?  

Yes,I ment to type compute cores

Just now, Cheburek said:

The 3200g is a fine APU but yours is overpriced.For 169$ you should be able to get a 3400g!

I guess you can't do anything that,the build itself is solid.

For the 3400g its 339€ here so its a little too pricy

Just now, Tokoyami_ said:

Yeah the market is crazy right now,you should stick with the 3200g.

1 minute ago, Cheburek said:

Yes,I ment to type compute cores

Heh.  Ihateautocorrect too.  It’s possible I could have fallen victim to an uncorrected autocorrect.

Edited by Bombastinator

1 minute ago, Tokoyami_ said:

It’s absolutely not worth that much.  It would compete with a10100

6 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Heh.  Ihateautocorrect too.  It’s possible I could have fallen victim to an uncorrected autocorrect.

It's especially annoying when you aren't from an English speaking country so all your words autocorrect to another language.