Super Low Budget Graphics Card Recommendations Not Gaming

smush

Ok, so I sold my 2080Ti recently as I wasn't using it much, however as I have a CPU with no iGPU I've not been able to use my desktop PC, instead having to rely on my ipad. While this solution worked at first, I found not having access to a desktop PC quite limiting. I'm now looking at getting a super low budget GPU to stick in my PC to enable me to browse the web and other basic tasks, as I'm holding the big bucks to splash on a new build with AM5 and DDR5 memory, which I'm hoping will be later this year or early next year at the most (if they release). I'm quite up to date on the best GPUs of course as it's mostly what the tech outlets focus on but when it come to super low end 'just get the job done' GPU's I'm rather clueless as to what is decent and what prices I should be looking at to avoid paying too much for what I am only going to be using temporarily.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

GT 710 if you just want video output and basic tasks, there's a multiple HDMI output option as well

So anything 2GB VRAM as a minimum? I've seen some 1GB cards wasn't sure if they were viable.

5 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

3 minutes ago, Milanesa said:

GT 710 if you just want video output and basic tasks, there's a multiple HDMI output option as well

Can the GT 710 manage youtube video or iTunes movies?

1 minute ago, smush said:

Yeah no problems. You can play 2D games and some basic 3D games too

1 minute ago, smush said:

I'd do a little bit of research if I were you. I want to say the 1HDMI units don't do 4k, but do up to 1440p and don't support H.265

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

2 minutes ago, smush said:

Yes, absolutely. The only thing you won't be doing is modern gaming.

Or if you're on a REAL budget go for a GT 210. It's a terrific card but for stuff like YouTube it will be fine.

i would just go used look aroun locally look for some really old cards like a hd 7770 bought one for like $20 for a office build for my dad a year back of course the market wasnt this crazy back then but I think point made old gus are almost worthless just look around and find one you can find cards that are better and cheaper than something like a gt 710.