Is a wired mouse worth it? (G502 HERO vs G502 LIGHTSPEED)

bungusboy81

So I'm thinking about getting a G502, and I've never used wired mice, so I don't know how I'd feel about the wire. I don't play games where I have to take super accurate shots or anything, but I don't know if it would be annoying or disruptive or move my cursor when I don't want it to. On the other hand the lightspeed version is too expensive and too unreliable from what I've read, so if I need to replace a wired G502, it will be a lot easier. Which one is better? Is the wire on the G502 annoying or disruptive? The click latency difference doesn't bother me, that's not why I'm worried about the wire, I'm just worried about the price and the insanely bad QC on these gaming mice.

Thank you in advance!

9 minutes ago, bungusboy81 said:

So I'm thinking about getting a G502, and I've never used wired mice, so I don't know how I'd feel about the wire. I don't play games where I have to take super accurate shots or anything, but I don't know if it would be annoying or disruptive or move my cursor when I don't want it to. On the other hand the lightspeed version is too expensive and too unreliable from what I've read, so if I need to replace a wired G502, it will be a lot easier. Which one is better? Is the wire on the G502 annoying or disruptive? The click latency difference doesn't bother me, that's not why I'm worried about the wire, I'm just worried about the price and the insanely bad QC on these gaming mice.

Thank you in advance!

I'm personally on the wired G502 HERO SE (the white version). The mouse I came from was the Logitech G700S, one of their wireless mice before they released their lightspeed tech. I have not regretted it once, since especially if you buy a mouse bungee, the wire isn't really bad at all, and you get used to it pretty quickly. I have thought about swapping to the lightspeed, because at the edges of the mousepad you do start to notice the wire, but then the hassle of remembering to charge it and the price tag 4x what I paid for mine does not make it seem worth it at all.

I'm using a G502 right now, it's worth it, very price efficient compared to the Lightspeed if you're worried about budget.

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

19 minutes ago, Gale said:

I'm using a G502 right now, it's worth it, very price efficient compared to the Lightspeed if you're worried about budget.

Well I'm not necessarily worried about budget, I have a couple hundred bucks to spare, I'm just worried that I'll have to drop even more than that to replace it once its amazing QC kicks in and I start clicking more times than I can count every time I touch the mouse. Is that double clicking issue really as common as it seems like it is?

3 minutes ago, bungusboy81 said:

Well I'm not necessarily worried about budget, I have a couple hundred bucks to spare, I'm just worried that I'll have to drop even more than that to replace it once its amazing QC kicks in and I start clicking more times than I can count every time I touch the mouse. Is that double clicking issue really as common as it seems like it is?

It hasn't happened to me in the 3 years that I've owned the mouse. But that's just my personal experience.

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

Due to the heavy weight of the g502 id dont think you`ll really notice the cable. I didnt and im really picky