GPU water block too wide for case

So I recently purchased water cooling components for a build and realized that my GPU water block is about 10mm too wide to fit normally.

This is really disappointing, and totally my fault, as I did not want to mount vertically for a variety of reasons.

I know there are some commercial solutions from companies like Bitspower specific to their water blocks which address the issue.

However, I cannot seem to find a similar product for EK.

I want to know what you all might do in my case. Would the best idea just to suck it up and buy a vertical mount?

Components in question:

• 3080 Strix OC
  • EKWB 3080 strix water block
  • Lian Li O11 Dynamic

What's your issue with the vertical mount? If you don't like the way the cases vertical mount looks, you can use a cablemod adaptor and have it set back further in the case?

I'm an IT System Admin with 15+ years worth of XP, plus I've been tinkering computers since I was old enough to hold a screwdriver, so I usually know what I'm talking about.

14 minutes ago, Bossofter said:

So I recently purchased water cooling components for a build and realized that my GPU water block is about 10mm too wide to fit normally.

This is really disappointing, and totally my fault, as I did not want to mount vertically for a variety of reasons.

I know there are some commercial solutions from companies like Bitspower specific to their water blocks which address the issue.

However, I cannot seem to find a similar product for EK.

I want to know what you all might do in my case. Would the best idea just to suck it up and buy a vertical mount?

Components in question:

• 3080 Strix OC
  • EKWB 3080 strix water block
  • Lian Li O11 Dynamic

Vertical mount is the Lian li O11 is pretty common place and would resolve the issue, not to mention you see the watercooling side of the block which most people want to show off. 

EKWB does have a rotary version like this but i'm not sure if you will gain enough space. 

https://www.ekwb.com/news/ek-releasing-new-revolutionary-rotary-terminal/

The only reason I can think of to not want to go with a vertical mount is if you wanted to use other PCI-E devices. If not, then this is arguably the best time to be using a Vertical mount since most users agree it's more aesthetic. 

20200802_153559.thumb.jpg.f6fb7b339d1c88455b7d7f119fb68ce2.thumb.jpg.57ae4309b01f5f4f7b1e184a0bed55bf.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 hour ago, W-L said:

Vertical mount is the Lian li O11 is pretty common place and would resolve the issue, not to mention you see the watercooling side of the block which most people want to show off. 

EKWB does have a rotary version like this but i'm not sure if you will gain enough space. 

https://www.ekwb.com/news/ek-releasing-new-revolutionary-rotary-terminal/

I have seen this option however it’s the same dimensions so it doesn’t help me much. Thank you though.

1 hour ago, ObsidianAura said:

What's your issue with the vertical mount? If you don't like the way the cases vertical mount looks, you can use a cablemod adaptor and have it set back further in the case?

Honestly, I don’t have anything against the mount itself. However, I had wanted to mount a horizontal reservoir under the GPU. So changing how I mount the GPU changes a lot more then just two runs.