ECS Liva Mini-PC Pictured

qwertywarrior

the Liva runs Intel's "Bay Trail-M" SoC, which allows a great deal of cost-cutting, and lets it make the Liva fan-less. A big metal-ridge heatsink cools the SoC. The compact system board has a great deal of onboard connectivity, including D-Sub and HDMI display outputs; gigabit Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB 3.0, and stereo HD audio. The board comes with its own 2 GB of DDR3L onboard RAM, and 32 GB of eMMC storage. Measuring 118 mm x 70 mm x 56 mm, the Liva weighs in at 190 g. It's expected to be priced under $200.

103a.jpg

103d.jpg

http://www.techpowerup.com/199329/ecs-liva-mini-pc-pictured.html

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

budget brix

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

USB 2.0 on modern products and motherboards (with exceptions to ones that already have 4+ USB 3.0) need to be eliminated.

Eww vga...

CPU: i5 3570k CPU Cooler: Hyper 212+ Mobo: Asrock Pro 4 Z77 GPU: Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 PSU: Seasonic G 650w HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB SSD: Kingston v300 Sound Card: Asus xonar dg MonitorAcer K272HUL, HP 22bw 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 Mouse: Logitech G400 Mousepad: Steelseries Qck+ Case: Corsair Air 540 Fans: 4x Noctua NF-P12 (saving up for more)

2GB of RAM? What OS will it be using?

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

2GB of RAM? What OS will it be using?

not sure but win8 32 bit uses less than 1GB of ram

this is mainly for light weight work

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

USB 2.0 on modern products and motherboards (with exceptions to ones that already have 4+ USB 3.0) need to be eliminated.

Why? There are tons of peripherals out there that don't need the bandwidth of USB 3.0. Mice, keyboards, webcams, etc. I'm perfectly fine with USB 2.0 if the device also has USB 3.0

Spoiler

Gaming PC

• SSUPD Meshlicious White Full Mesh
  • Corsair SF650 Platinum
  • ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax (Won a giveaway from OptimumTech)
  • Ryzen 5 5600X w/ Scythe Big Shuriken 3
  • 2x8gb G.Skill Flare X @3200 CL14
  • PowerColor Gigabyte RX 6750 XT
  • Storage:
    • Samsung 970 Evo NVME
    • Samsung 860 Evo 2.5"
    • MyDigitalSSD BP4 250gb (mSATA inside 2.5" enclosure)
  • W11Pro
  • AOC C24G1 + Dell S2415H
  • Cheap CyerPower keyboard (Wooting 60HE coming later this year)
  • Glorious Model O Matte White
  • LTT Northern Lights DeskPad 1000mm x 500mm
  • FX Audio Dac-X6 + Monoprice Modern Retro + Fifine Studio Condenser Mic

Media Server

• Rosewill RSV-L4412U 12-bay hotswap
  • Unraid 6.9.2
  • Asrock B450 Steel Legend
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • 2x8gb DDR4
  • LSI 9207-8I
  • 9x 2tb IronWolf • 2x 2tb WD Red • 1x 14tb WD Shucked White Label
  • MSI GTX 1050 Ti

These things are awesome, I can't exactly think of a good use for them but I am sure there are plenty.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

These things are awesome, I can't exactly think of a good use for them but I am sure there are plenty.

u can use it as a server ,HTPC ,low power pc etc :)

i wasn't even aware ECS was still around. I totally need to update myself. This I don't know where this is supposed to position itself, but it's clearly below the brix and above the raspberry pi. I just don't know of anybody who sees the brix pc and goes: "Hmm, yeah, that's too powerful and too expensive for what I'll need it, but i can't use the raspberry, I wish there was something for me..."

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

It's expected to be priced under $200.

Um well, duh? If this even comes close to $200 I would laugh... All day.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Um well, duh? If this even comes close to $200 I would laugh... All day.

im confused

do u think this is good or stupid ?

It looks nice.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Why? There are tons of peripherals out there that don't need the bandwidth of USB 3.0. Mice, keyboards, webcams, etc. I'm perfectly fine with USB 2.0 if the device also has USB 3.0

I agree with that, but with the amount of time that USB 3.0 has been out, it's silly to still see USB 2.0 in my opinion; it's better to have the option to use bandwidth products than to not. Especially when 3.1 comes out and has its updated speed and voltage thing.

You say this even before saying anything about that hideous VGA port?

:)

• 11 months later...