Monitors randomly turns off and back on

Sweppi

Hello,

After upgrading my rig with a 3080 I've been running into an issue where my monitors randomly turn off / enters sleep mode for a few seconds and then turns back on.

This happens maybe a couple of times a week at worst and has always happened while I'm watching something for example YouTube or Twitch. (This could be a coincidence though because I do consume a lot of media using my PC), but the PC has never been under a heavly load while this has happened.

The course of events are as followed:

- Moniotrs freeze and  the PC becomes unresponsive

- The monitors turns off / enters sleep mode

- Audio from the video disappears shortly after

- A few seconds pass and then the monitors turn back on.

- Audio from the video returns

Usually all of my windows remain on their respective monitors. But if the "outage" lasts longer than usually I'll have to rearrange the windows again.

Sometimes only 3 out of my 4 monitors turn back on. If this happens it's always the same monitor that remains off. But windows still detects the monitor in display settings and I'm able to move my mouse over to the monitor.

However, the only way to get that monitor to turn back on is by putting my PC to sleep and waking it up again.

Some info about my setup.

Ryzen 9 3950x

RTX 3080

32GB Ram

850W Powersupply

4x 1080p monitors

The system is not overclocked.

Before upgarding to the RTX 3080, I was running a GTX 1070 in my PC, and I never had this issue while running the 1070.

I was thinking this might be a powersupply issue with 850W not being sufficient, but I'm honestly not sure and that's why I'm rreaching out for advice.

When I built the PC I wasn't planning on upgrading the grapgics card so I figured a 850W would be sufficient for the setup. But then I was able to get a RTX 3080 for MSRP and that quickly changed.

Any help or input would be much appreciated!