is there such thing as a static public ip address program?

officedemon

so i host a Rust and Valheim game servers from a spare PC in my bedroom, got the port forwarding working perfectly but 
I'm going to be switching Isp's in the next 2 months and the new isp charges for a static ip address
is there such thing as a static public ip address program? i know i could use a VPN but doesn't that change each time I connect? and wouldn't that slow down my friends connection when joining the server?

the server is running windows 10 any help at all would be great

Given they're just game servers you have a couple of options.

1. You can gamble that your Dynamic IP from the ISP isn't going to change. (From my experience with my ISP where I live our Dynamic IP has not changed since it's installation years ago)
  2. You can pay the price for it to be guaranteed Static.
  3. You can use a Dynamic DNS hosting service like No-IP. This allows you to use a domain name and they handle translating it to whatever IP your network is at a given time.

Very few VPN services give you a static IP reserved just for you and allow port forwarding back to your network. Sure they exist, but they aren’t going to be the regular cheap kinds which are set up for a completely different use case.

Depending on what your IsP charges for a static IP, it may be cheaper to rent a VPS (virtual private server - basically a VM in the cloud). You can get them as low as $5/month including a public IP. Then you can make a site-to-site VPN connection to the VPS, and set up routing and port forwarding to your home network and servers. Note that you’ll have to pay attention to the bandwidth used, as there will be some amount of bandwidth usage included in the price but it may only be a few hundred GB per month. So whether it actually makes financial sense depends on the bandwidth usage as well. Games are usually a low but constant speed - remember that people were able to play competitive shooters on dialup, the game is just sending and receiving metadata like position. But the hassle, and the added latency and decrease in throughput, also tips the balance towards just paying your ISP for a static IP. Or stay on dynamic and set up DDNS.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

I'm looking into No-IP and Free Hostnames expire every 30 days. and don't support port numbers

is there a program i can host on my server to give my server a static public ip?

1 hour ago, officedemon said:

is there a program i can host on my server to give my server a static public ip?

That's not how it works; your ISP decides what IP you get, not you.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.