Dual Monitor Setup for GTX 1050ti

dheoxic

Is it possible for a GTX 1050ti to run a dual display setup? or should I use the HDMI port of my motherboard for the 2nd monitor(ASUS Prime A320M-K)?

Just want to know which is ideal.

4 minutes ago, dheoxic said:

Is it possible for a GTX 1050ti to run a dual display setup? or should I use the HDMI port of my motherboard for the 2nd monitor(ASUS Prime A320M-K)?

Just want to know which is ideal.

The HDMI port on the motherboard is for onboard graphics, assuming your CPU has one. The GTX 1050ti has one HDMI and a DP connector, using whichever one is free, for the other monitor should be fine for you.

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

2 minutes ago, AnirbanG007 said:

The HDMI port on the motherboard is for onboard graphics, assuming your CPU has one. The GTX 1050ti has one HDMI and a DP connector, using whichever one is free, for the other monitor should be fine for you.

AMD Ryzen 3200g has a built in graphics. Is it ideal that I use this one?

3 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

Use your GTX 1050 Ti GPU output's.

Wouldn't that heat up my GPU if use the DVI port for the secondary monitor together with the HDMI port for the primary monitor?

5 minutes ago, dheoxic said:

Wouldn't that heat up my GPU if use the DVI port for the secondary monitor together with the HDMI port for the primary monitor?

Nope. Use the DisplayPort, BTW.

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

1 minute ago, dheoxic said:

No

There are multiple outputs for a reason, no need to use the cpus graphics

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler