60Hz as a second monitor to a 144Hz, will it be uncomfortable?

Bernardo F.E.

Hi. I'm going to get a 144hz as my main monitor  and I need a second one. I have never really experienced high refresh rate, so I don't know how it's like.
If I buy a 60 or 75Hz as my second monitor, will it become uncomfortable to look at?

It wold mainly be used for discord, pdfs, watching YouTube and hardware monitoring (maybe some browsing form time to time).

4 minutes ago, Bernardo F.E. said:

Hi. I'm going to get a 144hz as my main monitor  and I need a second one. I have never really experienced high refresh rate, so I don't know how it's like.
If I buy a 60 or 75Hz as my second monitor, will it become uncomfortable to look at?

It wold mainly be used for discord, pdfs, watching YouTube and hardware monitoring (maybe some browsing form time to time).

Not really. If you only use it as a static secondary screen, you won't notice much of a difference. Syncing and splitting a game onto both is odd and I would avoid that if you can. Keep in mind though that the second screen will eat up some resources so games will run at less fps than before. You can also try and use a tablet as a secondary screen if that works for you. I use an old laptop to not interfere with my main system. But that is up to you. 

15 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

Not really. If you only use it as a static secondary screen, you won't notice much of a difference. Syncing and splitting a game onto both is odd and I would avoid that if you can. Keep in mind though that the second screen will eat up some resources so games will run at less fps than before. You can also try and use a tablet as a secondary screen if that works for you. I use an old laptop to not interfere with my main system. But that is up to you. 

Running a second monitor has negligible performance impact on gaming performance so nobody should even need to consider that. Sure if you are doing stuff on the other monitor it will likely impact performance but that is more to do with other programs running while you are gaming rather than a second monitor having stuff displayed on it. 

28 minutes ago, Bernardo F.E. said:

I wouldn't worry about it. I have a 360hz 1080p monitor and a 4k monitor that runs at 98hz. Before that I had a 240hz monitor and a 60 hz monitor. Regardless of what setup I had it wasn't a bad experience. I would always recommend running a 2 monitor setup and having the second monitor being 60hz makes alot of sense in alot of cases. I mean for looking at pdfs and browsing the web and watching videos 60hz vs 360hz makes little difference so why spend more if you aren't going to use it for gaming? 

• 1 month later...