PC Masterrace - Linux or Windows ?

Haraikomono

PC Masterrace: Linux or Windows ?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which OS defines the PC Masterrace? Windows or Linux

• Windows
    • Linux
    • Unix

Here a little poll to see who is right, my colleagues from work always are Ultra Hardcore Linux fans, and dont even consider ever switching to windows.

Now, I also use Linux for my Servers, but in terms of gaming I dont think theres a better choice.

Therefore, the term PC Masterrace: Which OS is it running ?

i use windows for the pure reason of gaming

10400f

16 gb 4000

1650 super

z490 msi 

p400a digital

games i play: krunker (sometimes), valorant, and csgo

The reason the entire PCMR meme exists is because PC runs games better than consoles, hence the master race vs dirty peasants comparison.

Since Windows is THE operating system for games, it's the only real option for PCMR. 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

My review of Linux. On Linux Mint forum.

wish to preface this that I have used Ubuntu before on and off and had the same or other problems.

So my aim for Linux was to use it to increase security, load Windows 10 in a VM with HyperV and play video games that way.
Little to no tutorials and no help with it, so found it overly complex, that failed as a plan.

So I went to install Steam from the software store. That failed to run after installation also after running the dependency checks too and fulfilling those. would show up as "Steam is updating" then after roughly 1-2 seconds would vanish and never see Steam again.

I went directly to the Steam site and got the .Deb package, same issues.
I ran it through terminal using SUDO apt, same problem again.

After spending roughly 9 hours trying to fix these issues, I gave up and went and installed Windows 10 again and felt smug and full of myself and happy again to be on an OS that works and is functional.

Now on the bright side, Mint is a great OS if you are only using it for office / multimedia purposes, I have no insight into the gaming side as it never worked for me.

Snappy, great customization, drivers were there and using my Nvidia card and installing the driver was an absolute cake walk, much easier than any previous Ubuntu experience I have had.

I love the OS, hate the way things work in it, want to use it, but can;t muster the time and energy, I have other priorities in life than sitting for hours troubleshooting 1 issue.

But I think Mint is a brilliant OS overall.

Windows is the PCMR OS hands down.

Personally I hate PCMR.

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Who cares, PCMR is cringy as shit and should never be "followed" ironically or not. 

People take it worrying seriously and even Yahtee, the person who coined the phrase and that everyone treats as a God in the "PCMR", thinks it's stupid and regrets being the origin of this bullshit elitism

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

6 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Who cares, PCMR is cringy as shit and should never be "followed" ironically or not. 

People take it worrying seriously and even Yahtee, the person who coined the phrase and that everyone treats as a God in the "PCMR", thinks it's stupid and regrets being the origin of this bullshit elitism

but its fun annoying console players with that phrase 😄

If you are not a gamer you can't technically be a part of the PCMR. The whole concept of PCMR was created around gaming and the hardware to power it. And when we talk about gaming, like it or not, Windows is the way.

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

1 minute ago, Haraikomono said:

No, it's arrogant. 

Imagine thinking that other people are somehow below you because of your choice of gaming platform.

Pathetic. 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

2 minutes ago, QuantumSingularity said:

If you are not a gamer you can't technically be a part of the PCMR. The whole concept of PCMR was created around gaming and the hardware to power it. And when we talk about gaming, like it or not, Windows is the way.

So essentially a hitler run parade around perceived differences used for the ego self? elitism and narcissism?

Your replies in another thread portray a lot of that sentiment.

I'm part of the PCMR for a number of reasons, all of which have been discussed and proven many times, over and over again. I have no problem with the fellow gamers of the console peasant society;  even my best friend is a console peasant, as long as they don't try to argue how "fast" and "better at gaming" their $500 box compared to a well built system. I respect the guys who can go "yes, i love consoles cause they are much more user friendly, cheaper, much easier to set up and don't require any knowledge at all to use". Have nothing against that. We all know how much of a pain in the ass a simple driver update can be. But to come out and start arguing how the PS5 has better graphics than any PC, cause it's so much more technologically ahead is just moronic.

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

10 minutes ago, QuantumSingularity said:

I'm part of the PCMR for a number of reasons, all of which have been discussed and proven many times, over and over again. I have no problem with the fellow gamers of the console peasant society;  even my best friend is a console peasant, as long as they don't try to argue how "fast" and "better at gaming" their $500 box compared to a well built system. I respect the guys who can go "yes, i love consoles cause they are much more user friendly, cheaper, much easier to set up and don't require any knowledge at all to use". Have nothing against that. We all know how much of a pain in the ass a simple driver update can be.

The divisor in your thoughts & arguments are why you are a douche and no you are not truly a friend either as you see them as lower than you.

You need to grow as a human but it may be linked to intelligence and also emotional intelligence.

PCMR was never meant to be taken seriously.

http://www.beingbetterhumans.com/10-ways-to-grow-as-a-human/

2 hours ago, Haraikomono said:

shut up

and listen to this.

Yes a PC will out run a console but that's not the main point.

2 hours ago, Arika S said:

Imagine thinking that other people are somehow below you because of your choice of gaming platform.

I have a open mind of all gaming.

mobile gaming is iffy but you can still do alot

I have a friend that was pretty ok at fortnite on a ipad!!!

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

2 hours ago, Arika S said:

even Yahtee, the person who coined the phrase and that everyone treats as a God in the "PCMR", thinks it's stupid and regrets being the origin of this bullshit elitism

It's almost like it was originally a joke about his persona being a condescending asshole 😛

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I must say, the number of people who dont get the joke and genuinely think the PCMR meme is anything more than a meme is mildly surprising to me.

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

23 hours ago, resolve_beta said:

i use windows for the pure reason of gaming

I use it for program compatibility, llsu, its just Windows. Its the obvious choice for most people. 

Just now, Aroraakshaj70 said:

I use it for program compatibility, llsu, its just Windows. Its the obvious choice for most people. 

I have to use it for some clients, where the mail infrastructure and mdm is based on Windows since theres no real competitor in that field..

*** Thread locked ***

No of this is something we want here. I've seen too many Windows vs Linux discussions destroy healthy discussions, and this has the stupid kid-thing attached.

• No trolling or flame-bait.
    • This includes topics such as AMD vs NVIDIA, "company X sucks", and religious debates

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv