Samsung G7 and G9 Scanline issue need help

Morten15175

so ive got a samsung G7 27'' monitor just got it back to day from repair were they replaced the mainboard on it but the scanline issue is still there and from what i can find out there are no permanant fixes for it there are some that somewhat fixes it im forced to have my  black EQ on 20 my contrast setting on costum cant pick SRGB or anythin els because that turns off Black EQ and if i manualy increase contrast to anything above 73%  issue is there but if i keep it at those settings maxed (20) black eq and 73 or lower contrast  i dont see it on most things  but certain sites it still pops up on like before i did the black EQ '' fix '' stuff like asus website would cause the issue to happen and not only that  it also comes with coil whine  on a monitor this expensive i dont think it should have those issues im hoping somone here can bring som light on it  or maybe  spread the word a little bit  to get saied issue fixed  theres a lot of videos and forums full of this talk and it seems samsung is just deleting them or ignoring them ofc i dont know if thats true but it just seems like it  ive done everything i can spend weeks trying to fix it and tried to send it in for repaires  and that dident fix it ow ya and im on firmware 1009.3

sorry for the bad english  thank you for taking your time to read this  and i hope you or anyone can help me

stay safe <3

I was interested in the G7 32 in version, but all I've seen or heard about 32 in G7 have been positive even Hardware Unboxed had good things to say about the G7.  Is it possible the panel is no good and what has Samsung or the repairer said about your concern?  Your situation make me second the thought of buying the 32 in version. 

well nothing at all they just replaced the mainboard and and samsung just saied to send it in for repaires witch ive done im by far not the only one with this even ppl that get brand new monitors replaced have this most just dont know about it  dont get me wrong the monitor is by far the best ive ever had  and it works wonders in game i love it but having Black EQ 20 makes games dark and its been going on for monthes  ivegot a link to another topic about it on reddit were i found the temp ''fix''  but just google searching for samsung g7 scanlines problem or something along those lines and there should be a lot of posts about it  again i love this monitor  and i just want it fixed ASAP such a great monitor but the fact smalle issues like this is a thing annoyes me for such a expensive monitor

Ahaha, I had to replace 2 times for the 32" samsung monitor because of stuck/dead pixels. The second I had and the third one I'm currently using have both scanlines. Tried to contact support but they don't care. You should verify too if you have dead/stuck pixels !

i have no dead / stuck pixels at all but ya seems samsung dosent care and all the big youtubers say its a god like monitor nothing wrong with that personaly ide just like them to make a video or something about this problem because its 1000s of ppl affected by this problem and no one cares it seems  i would just like a fix for it because the monitor is great and theres no equal out there price / stat wise  the sad fact is the monitor is horrid because u cant use the colors your supposed to or HDR and i found out something new recently so the issue is affected by contrast and black EQ as ive saied but apprently also the monitors sharpness if i turn down for sharpness i can turn up the contrast

I have a G9 display, mine does the scanline thing sometimes.  I find mainly it only happens when running something on half the display, IE an internet window on the RH side with some other program running LH side.  Even at that it only seems to do it at very random and infrequent occurrence and I have never had it happen while a program or game was running fullscreen.  I sit at this computer for 12hrs a day usually 4-5 days a week and it may take a month between occurrences.  As much as it's something that shouldn't happen it is also something that has no effect on me using the display.  If I make either program fullscreen the problem goes away immediately and it may be weeks/months before it returns.  I updated mine to the 1010.2 firmware and this seemed to help as well but didn't  fully solve the issue as I have seen it a single time since the update.  In my mind at least it's not worth the hassle of attempting to return the display or to get myself upset over.  Other people experiences obviously are worst or more annoying to them.

Here are two videos I took back in March of my monitor doing it.  I upgraded the firmware after these videos and have only seen it do it one time since these were taken.

ya ive had it happen in game and it only happens if 80% or more of my screen if full of saied thing causing it it shouldent be happening on a monitor this expensive  and i use my monitor almost the same ammount  the fact the monitor is this expensive and i cant use any of contrast setting or HDR and having my Black Equlizer at 20 makes it not so satisfying you know and the main thing that makes me nervous if the fact of a electric sound when ever the issue happens  we should not be satisfied with a product that only works half way they get paied alot of our money  and we should get something worth it the monitor is great but im not getting what im paying for im not getting the QLED or HDR and thats one of the big factors for me personaly the fact the monitor is faulty and it seems no one is officialy fixing the issue  makes me sad and angry at the same time its like buying a brand new car  at a car dealer and be satisfied with it even tho the front wheel pops off once and saying its okay it just once in a while  we shouldent be satisfied with less than what we are paying for to menny ppl are doing this you are paying for some thing you should get 100% of what your paying for its good you dont mind but there are 1000s of others that do and my games or videos are damn dark because im forced to have my Black EQ at 20 

i my self am waiting for a firmware update inhope it fixes the issue  still no new one ( 1009.3)

and my brother has the g9 and hes issue is way worse than mine

also the issue appeares the most on certain sites there are a few that have it constantly happening like

this website from asus https://rog.asus.com/wallpapers

or this gif makes it happen some times https://imgur.com/a/HA73ZJz gif of some VR headphones i think

or this monitor test site http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/inversion.php

the last one still happens for me ive managed to set my settings so it dosent happen on the gif and asus website tho

yup that causes saied issue so annoying -.- just me scrolling away from that image and the issue is gone >.<

• 2 weeks later...

just found a '' fix '' turning on eye saver seems to fix some of it havent played around with it tomuch as of yet the biggest downside to eye saver is the colors of the monitor become super washed out to look at and i dont enjoy it  again im just trying to find a fix great monitor and all but im only getting half im paying for and samsung  aint listening instead making new models of the monitor -.-

Something else I found helps is to change the windows scaling from 100 to 101%.  I haven't found anything it effects so far for the software I use except your picture.  It puts the lines in your picture out of perfect alignment and it stops the monitor from flaking out.  It seems to work with web pages that tended to cause issues as well.  Obviously it's another cruddy workaround for something that should have never been an issue but  who knows if Samsung will ever do anything about it.

ya this issue should never have been a thing  i hope they do  fix it and i hope to god the new versions with what was it mini led??? comming out isent their reply to ppl with this issue

• 2 months later...

Nope, unfortunately this issue is also happening with the Neo G9 model I've received yesterday. 🤮 In addition, the unit has coil whine. Got rid of the coil whine by re-enabling "Low Input Lag" mode. Phew.

Edit: Double "phew" -> enabling Low Input Lag also seemingly got rid of the scan line issue. Can't replicate anymore.

7 minutes ago, smt85 said:

Nope, unfortunately this issue is also happening with the Neo G9 model I've received yesterday. 🤮 In addition, the unit has coil whine.

you could buy a bigger screen with that money (a samsung tv 55" 2000 HDR (less expensive) 🤣

22 minutes ago, hola12 said:

you could buy a bigger screen with that money (a samsung tv 55" 2000 HDR (less expensive) 🤣

Why would I want a 16:9 55" screen directly in front of my eyes? 

27 minutes ago, smt85 said:

Why would I want a 16:9 55" screen directly in front of my eyes? 

You're right.. but there are speakers 🤣

They just came out with a new firmware update for the gen1&2 screens a few weeks ago, JUL 14,2021  ver1012.1.  Updated mine yesterday.  Haven't had a chance to mess with it too much yet due to work but can say that just scrolling down this thread the interference pattern Hola12 posted still messes with the display.  I haven't seen a website give me the scanlines yet but it is still there with his picture.

The scanline issue is a lottery. You're lucky if you don't have it, and if you do, its likely never going to get fixed. Samsung has admitted (not publicly) that they know its an issue and a limitation and will not be fixed.

I've been sending my monitor in to Samsung's authorized repair depot for these monitors since the end of April and finally it comes out. As of right now the monitor is with Elink,

and Samsung refuses to refund despite the info relayed.  Don't buy Samsung if you don't like to gamble.

elink-samsung-b2bengineer-ltt.png

Elink-SamsungRefund-ltt.png

• 4 weeks later...

For people that has scanlines on their G7/G9/Neo G9 and having difficulties to reach basic Samsung monitor support in their country, I was able to reach the Samsung HQ and got their answer: "Scanlines are because of the limitations of the screen". Some people may say that it is all the monitors that has this problem but my support said it is not all :

" when you search the internet for an problem about an product it will always look like it is an major issue and that every product has that issue.This is an distorted view. The reason this view is distorted is because we can see the full picture.Let 's take this case for example.You have scanlines on your monitor. Of course you think "Wait is this normal?"The next thing you do is you do an google search and here you find an 1000 post about people with the same problem.Of course all alarm bels will go of and you will think that every monitor has the same problem.how ever what you can not see is the amount of monitors that have been sold world wide and do not have that issue.If there were sold 1 million devices and of those 1 million 1.000 have an problem. it is still an amazing product. but the 999.000 people who have an great monitor with out issues.will not post about it. "

I hoped that it could be fixed with a firmware update but it seems we can't...

They ask me if I could give them the monitor to inspect that on their side and give a replacement but I refused because I don't know if it will be the same...

To @hola12 's point, its very much a lottery. However the support line is only partially right but its disingenuous at best. They're trying to convince you with "math" but its stats. There are three  kinds of lies there's lies, damned lies, and statistics (Twain, likely). My view is if this is a statistical anomaly  then replacing that 1% shouldn't be such a b*tch to fight for a replacement until its fixed, one 'fix' isn't enough. This is where I think that line they are trying to sell is obviously bullshit with a tiny kernel of truth in in.

That said after a very long prolonged fight with Samsung, they finally agreed (10 months after purchase, and only 4 months of actual usage) to refund the full amount. 

On 4/16/2021 at 10:24 PM, hola12 said:

or this too whatsapp-image-2020-10-15-at-22-43-50-1-

Bro is this picture safe? I saved it, and it made .tmp files when changing picture orientation!