Linus help me !!! 1070 and R3 3100 "extreme overclocking"

Hi I'm al Ltt fan from Italy , i'm 18 and this is my first time I post on the forum ,

after watching every LTT video on YouTube I build my system (R3 3100 overclocked at 4.6 ghz 1.35v cooled by an nzxt 120 Aio , gtx 1070 Strix repasted with kryonaut compound  and 1.5 mm thick arctic pad on every memory module, msi b550 pro vdc-wifi, 16gb dual channel  g-skill egis 3000mhz cl 16 overclocked at 3200mhz 1.360v and this timing 1T 16-18-18-38 , a Kingston sata ssd and a 550w corsair bronze psu). The gpu also is overclocked at 2060 mhz boost  and 9150 mhz the memory, I did this aggressive overclock not because I'm fool but  because I wanna beat the best 3d mark  Time spy score for the same configuration as mine that is 6664 point, the best resault I achieved using this setting is 6542. The system is really cool temperatures without glass side panel are really low around the 50s and 60s for both cpu and gpu so I'm not thermally restricted, what can I do for improve my result and eventually beat 6664 point in time spy?

You might not be able to beat that score using the same configuration if the score was taken long before windows was updated with several security patches for intel cpu exploits. That being said your score is less than 2% different which is within the margin of error for both yours and their score. Meaning your machines are effectively performing the exact same given software changes to the OS  , drivers , and the program itself , and also the silicon lottery as well in which their cpu could very well just be 2% better than yours.

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

You might not be able to beat that score using the same configuration if the score was taken long before windows was updated with several security patches for intel cpu exploits. That being said your score is less than 2% different which is within the margin of error for both yours and their score. Meaning your machines are effectively performing the exact same given software changes to the OS  , drivers , and the program itself , and also the silicon lottery as well in which their cpu could very well just be 2% better than yours.

yes but I really want to beat that score 

Well if you don't care about the hardware surviving then you could keep pushing the overclock higher until the machine cannot complete the run.

Could also try buying a few more R3 3100's and swapping them out along with more gpus to see if any perform better. 

But again , if the other run was done with different software then you already would be at a disadvantage and you machine might already be faster but just not scoring higher with newer software.

can I do something with ram timing or  overclock and also  some tweaking to the infinity fabric thing? , I thought I reached the limt of overclocking headroom of my system

-> Moved to CPUs, Motherboards and Memory

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

You're far from beating the top score for 1070 Time spy. The top score I am aware of is 8488pts.

6 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

You're far from beating the top score for 1070 Time spy. The top score I am aware of is 8488pts.

i intend with the same configuration as mine Ryzen 3100 e gtx 1070 , that is 6664

10 minutes ago, Michele Russo said:

i intend with the same configuration as mine Ryzen 3100 e gtx 1070 , that is 6664

Work on your memory frequency. Even if you have to loosen the timings to do so, you want the bandwidth behind that CPU overclock. 3733mhz CL16 would be a good goal.

On 4/9/2021 at 10:58 PM, ShrimpBrime said:

Work on your memory frequency. Even if you have to loosen the timings to do so, you want the bandwidth behind that CPU overclock. 3733mhz CL16 would be a good goal.

I am not very experienced in ram and timing, when I increase the frequency which timing should I increase and what value should I adopt for them?

45 minutes ago, Michele Russo said:

I am not very experienced in ram and timing, when I increase the frequency which timing should I increase and what value should I adopt for them?

I don't know. That's trial and error done on your behalf.