R9 290X or GTX 1650

Till_Eulenspiegel

Hi everyone,

I have just bought two "old" comuters. I have combined them into a quite unbalanced computer since i couldn't find any reasonably priced GPU. I now have a GTX 1650 and a R9 290X and am now trying to choose which one to use untill I can buy a bether option.

They are both quite similar when looking at gaming benchmarks, with the older R9 mostly pulling ahead but using much more power. Since this is the first PC I built/combined I was wondering what your thoughts about it are.

Cheers Till

You should take the time to test them both a little bit and see which is better for the games you play. Perhaps you play titles that benefit more from AMD hardware or perhaps you play games that perform better on Nvidia. Or perhaps the difference is so small you don't notice, and you could just choose the 1650 to spare the power bill.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

benchmarks will say the 1650 is better. i used to have it and its pretty decent for games

PC SPECS

-ryzen 5 5600x

-nvidia rtx 3060 ti

-msi b550-a pro

-corsair vengeance 32gb 3200mhz

-seasonic 650w

-western digital sn550

-lian li lancool mesh II

: ) have a good day