Probably an RTX 3080 scam

KaleZA
Go to solution Solved by MAXXPRO,

The domain name is very recent (less than 6 months)

has 116 positive reviews (starting from 5 months ago)

no negative reviews

sells something you can't find

...at a reasonable price

it's scam for sure

update:

according to this bottom information they created this online shop after 23 years of no website?or worse they claim this website is 23 years old? 

funny 🤣

IMG_20210408_102821.jpg

So the other day I came across this site that was selling GPUs and they said they had stock. I purchased a 3080FE for $959. Then I wanted to inquire how shipping would work so I submitted something using their online form. The reply? Nothing. Not even one of those "we received your email and we'll get back to you soon" things.

Then I directly emailed them and I got a reply. This time the reply was from a mail delivery system telling me the email failed to send as the address which I got off of their website didn't exist.

Oh and the payment was in bitcoin through a trustworthy (apparently according to reviews) service which offers NO refunds.

Here's the site.. any potential advice? I'm quite desperate as that is a lot of cash just gone

https://technow-store.com/

Well, hate to say it, but it does look like a scam indeed. No phone numbers listed under support, the site looks bare bones and even the customer reviews for the products seem quite generic. I could be wrong in a big way, but when a deal generally looks too good to be true, then it's because it is. Amazon is going through these scam shops on daily basis.

I would try to contact them once more and get a reply, if not, then just contact your bank and try to refute the payment if possible at this stage.

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/technow-store.com

The domain name is very recent (less than 6 months)

has 116 positive reviews (starting from 5 months ago)

no negative reviews

sells something you can't find

...at a reasonable price

it's scam for sure

update:

according to this bottom information they created this online shop after 23 years of no website?or worse they claim this website is 23 years old? 

funny 🤣

IMG_20210408_102821.jpg

15 minutes ago, KaleZA said:

So the other day I came across this site that was selling GPUs and they said they had stock. I purchased a 3080FE for $959.

- SNIP -

service which offers NO refunds.

Yet another thinking they're getting a great deal and proceeding to throw all common sense in the trash. Good job, mate. Next time use your brains before taking out the wallet.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

24 minutes ago, MAXXPRO said:

Update:

funny 🤣

Funnier things is, if you Google the Brand they mentioned (Technow Computer Group), the first result is "TechNow Computer Training and Internet Security Training". I just find that incredibly funny :))