I a new at ARGB stuff need some answers

dajeepman

I got a Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII DARK HERO and want to add some ARGB strips, can i use this https://www.amazon.com/RGEEK-Splitter-10-Port-Extension-Perfect/dp/B08DRKR4B6/ref=asc_df_B08DRKR4B6/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=459717572353&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15106463227928036579&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9026997&hvtargid=pla-975747177581&psc=1

To add more than what the motherboard can supply? And still use the asus software to control them individually?

2 hours ago, dajeepman said:

I got a Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII DARK HERO and want to add some ARGB strips, can i use this https://www.amazon.com/RGEEK-Splitter-10-Port-Extension-Perfect/dp/B08DRKR4B6/ref=asc_df_B08DRKR4B6/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=459717572353&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15106463227928036579&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9026997&hvtargid=pla-975747177581&psc=1

To add more than what the motherboard can supply? And still use the asus software to control them individually?

yes this will work with aura from your MB  if it has a 3pin argb header 

i am probably overlooking it but i am going to say no you will not be able to because i am not seeing any kind of 3 pin header on that board let alone and ARGB one.

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/ROG_CROSSHAIR_VIII_DARK_HERO/E17453_ROG_CROSSHAIR_VIII_DARK_HERO_UM_V2_WEB.pdf

According to this manual, you can plug your ARGB cable to port ADD Gen 2_1 or Add Gen 2_2

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

39 minutes ago, tdkid said:

i am probably overlooking it but i am going to say no you will not be able to because i am not seeing any kind of 3 pin header on that board let alone and ARGB one.

Lol what?

8 hours ago, dajeepman said:

These answers are all useless but yes it should work. However you cant change the lighting of each individual device connected to each port, when you change the lighting of one, all the others connected to the hub will change the same way/be in sync

39 minutes ago, tdkid said:

Ah, yes, I think you mean the aRGB that Gigabyte once used. Yes, those only has 3 pins. Nowadays, since aRGB is quite standardised, we still consider it 3 pins even though it's 4 pins with one pin removed.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

4 minutes ago, Chiyawa said:

Nowadays, since aRGB is quite standardised, we still consider it 3 pins even though it's 4 pins with one pin removed.

No we consider it 3 pin because it is 3 pin. 3 pin 5v argb is not just 12v 4 pin rgb with one missing pin, it’s completely different

Guys i think i found my answer, to have control each ARGB LED strip individually i will need to use the 2 on board ports and not  a hub. Thanks for the help. The Motherboard will support up to 500LED's between the two 3pin ports.

On 4/7/2021 at 10:56 PM, Chiyawa said:

Ah, yes, I think you mean the aRGB that Gigabyte once used. Yes, those only has 3 pins. Nowadays, since aRGB is quite standardised, we still consider it 3 pins even though it's 4 pins with one pin removed.

kind of. look at the cable for the RGB. it has only 3 pin holes and where it can have a fourth is solid so it can not be put onm anything unless its a 3 pin plug or has one of the pins missing where that can fit.

On 4/7/2021 at 10:53 PM, johnsoner13 said:

Lol what?

they posted their name of their motherboard. i looked it up and didnt see 1 spot that was a 3 pin connector because of you look at the cable for the RGB they were looking at. one of the pin spots is solid, not empty so it wont work unless there is a matching spot for it which i do not see on that board.

''The Addressable Gen2 header supports WS2812B addressable RGB LED strips (5V/Data/Ground), with a maximum power rating of 3A (5V), and the addressable headers on this board can handle a combined maximum of 500 LEDs''

that's in the manual and you have 2 argb headers and 2 rgb headers.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

11 minutes ago, tdkid said:

they posted their name of their motherboard. i looked it up and didnt see 1 spot that was a 3 pin connector because of you look at the cable for the RGB they were looking at. one of the pin spots is solid, not empty so it wont work unless there is a matching spot for it which i do not see on that board.

His board has 3 pin headers. Look closer. It will work, i dont think you know what youre saying

On 4/7/2021 at 8:02 PM, johnsoner13 said:

No we consider it 3 pin because it is 3 pin. 3 pin 5v argb is not just 12v 4 pin rgb with one missing pin, it’s completely different

rgb is confusing just to confuse you more ill tell you there are 4pin 5v argb, 12v argb, 5v rgb, 4pin rgb, 5pin rgb 3pin argb, 2+1 pin argb, corsair header argb,

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

1 minute ago, thrasher_565 said:

rgb is confusing just to confuse you more ill tell you there are 4pin 5v argb, 12v argb, 5v rgb, 4pin rgb, 5pin rgb 3pin argb, 2+1 pin argb, corsair header argb,

Thats cool bro but no one was talking about those, this guy just doesn’t know basic rgb headers

13 minutes ago, johnsoner13 said:

Thats cool bro but no one was talking about those, this guy just doesn’t know basic rgb headers

rgb 17.jpg

5v argb header 2.jpg

GIGABYTE H370 / B360 / H310 Motherboards

nxpk0ycaudw11.jpg

167052_Untitled-1.jpg

DSCF3113.jpg

rgb 16.png

Edited by thrasher_565

6 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

rgb 17.jpg

rgb mb headers vendors.jpg

5v argb header 2.jpg

1. You pasted the same image twice.

2. The headers in the first 2 images are literally all the same, you know that right? 12v, g, r, b

3. that Asus addressable header and jrainbow msi header are the same.

4. your poor brain is getting confused by the header labels and not seeing the actual pinouts

10 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

rgb 17.jpg

rgb mb headers vendors.jpg

5v argb header 2.jpg

nxpk0ycaudw11.jpg

167052_Untitled-1.jpg

Youre getting too eager to copy and paste things from the internet youre forgetting this thread is dealing simply with your standard 3 pin 5v argb headers. You may resume making your rgb header scrapbook now

Just now, johnsoner13 said:

Youre getting too eager to copy and paste things from the internet youre forgetting this thread is dealing simply with your standard 3 pin 5v argb headers. You may resume making your rgb header scrapbook now

i no way more then you i dont need to prove anything to you.

Just now, thrasher_565 said:

i no way more then you i dont need to prove anything to you.

“i no way more then you” evidently by your spelling you “no” nothing in comparison. And it’s funny that you say you don’t need to prove anything after attempting to make an rgb header scrapbook in this thread in an attempt to prove something 

1 minute ago, johnsoner13 said:

“i no way more then you” evidently by your spelling you “no” nothing in comparison. And it’s funny that you say you don’t need to prove anything after attempting to make an rgb header scrapbook in this thread in an attempt to prove something 

no i was point out its not that simple

Just now, thrasher_565 said:

no i was point out its not that simple

Maybe not simple for you but simple for the average person on these forums. It’s a simple 5v 3 pin argb this thread was about until you came in and started to copy/paste random stuff in an attempt to prove something 

Maybe not simple for you but simple for the average person on these forums. It’s a simple 5v 3 pin argb this thread was about until you came in and started to copy/paste random stuff in an attempt to prove something 

ya addressed at you and no one els...

2 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

ya addressed at you and no one els...

Doesnt matter. It’s irrelevant, make your own thread if you want to create an rgb header art museum

Doesnt matter. It’s irrelevant, make your own thread if you want to create an rgb header art museum

got one...