Hello,

I have bought Lenovo Legion Y540 ( i7-9750HF, GTX 1650) less than a year ago and have been mostly satisfied with it. The problem is that when the CPU is under full load it quickly reaches 94°C and throttles. So I have been thinking about repasting it with better thermal paste to avoid this problem. After reading about repasting CPUs in laptops I have noticed that many of better thermal pastes (like Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut) tend to solidify very quickly (2 weeks) and thus making laptop's performance even worse. Supposedly this happens due to very high CPU temperatures ( 80°C or higher) in laptops. 

Beside I have already tried undervolting my CPU by -120mV with Intel's XTU and it cuts thermal throttling time in half.

So my question is: Is there any high-performance thermal paste that can be applied directly onto the CPU die and last at least a year, preferably longer?

Edited by Ernesto C.

9 minutes ago, Ernesto C. said:

in laptops I have noticed that many of better thermal pastes (like Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut) tend to dry out very quickly (2 weeks)

That might be a bit wrong. Thermal pastes do not dry out, they might solidify but not dry.

Anyway, I prefer Cooler Master MasterGel Maker. But on desktop machine. Still should not be much difference if laptop or desktop.

Arctic Cooling MX-5 should last 8 years - https://www.tomshardware.com/news/arctic-mx5-paste-spotted

I edit my posts more often than not