The "Why not?", the "Which?!" and the Wardrobe

mikegray

One step at a time, this truly nutty idea is becoming reality ...

0 (Large).jpg

1 (Large).jpg

2 (Large).jpg

3 (Large).jpg

4 (Large).jpg

5 (Large).jpg

6 (Large).jpg

7 (Large).jpg

8 (Large).jpg

9 (Large).jpg

Spoiler

PSU: Cooler Master V1200 Platinum / MB: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming / CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x / RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB (2x16GB) / GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 Gaming OC 24GB / OS: Windows 11 / Screen: Samsung CRG9 (5120 x 1440) / Case: DIY Bench built custom into a a cabinet / Case Fans: 4x BeQuiet Magicool 140mm Pure Wings / Rad: Magicool 180 Triple / Pump: Aquastream XT / Res: Aquacomputer aqualis PRO 450ml / CPU Block: EK Supremacy Clear Acetal / GPU Blocks: Bykski N-GV1080TIG1-X with VRAM Cooling via B-3090TC-X Water Block

Nice, does it reduces totally the noise of a high end pc?. bye

7 minutes ago, gdb123456 said:

Nice, does it reduces totally the noise of a high end pc?. bye

100% noise reduction - that's where the project comes from. I close the door between the rooms and it's like my peripherals run on pure magic.

I have an air-cooled Gigabyte rtx 3090 mining 24/7 except when I'm gaming or rendering videos. I've since repacked the 3090 with better thermal pads, but for about a month every fan in my rig was running at full throttle and the noise level was spectacular. By drilling a hole and moving my case to the other room I brought the noise down to zero.

The next step is to drop the case entirely and move the pc into a bench test case that'll sit in the wardrobe.

Spoiler

PSU: Cooler Master V1200 Platinum / MB: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming / CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x / RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB (2x16GB) / GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 Gaming OC 24GB / OS: Windows 11 / Screen: Samsung CRG9 (5120 x 1440) / Case: DIY Bench built custom into a a cabinet / Case Fans: 4x BeQuiet Magicool 140mm Pure Wings / Rad: Magicool 180 Triple / Pump: Aquastream XT / Res: Aquacomputer aqualis PRO 450ml / CPU Block: EK Supremacy Clear Acetal / GPU Blocks: Bykski N-GV1080TIG1-X with VRAM Cooling via B-3090TC-X Water Block