Where shall this 3 PIN case fan be connected?

LookingforanIDA7license

(See images in attachment area, ignore the last image)

So I was getting annoyed by the fact that this top fan was an intake rather than exhaust fan. So I changed it.

Now I realized that, the fan was never connected (anyone who has been following the last topic will know why). 

Do I connect this fan (exhaust top) to the mainboards SYS_FAN_n header (4pin m) or to the case's fan controller which according to some other sites is actually meant for rgb only fans? (also 4pin m)

Case(finally found out): Thermaltake Versa C23.

Optional questions: I have another fan (be quiet silent wings 120) which is connected to a sys_fan header. If we connect the top fan to the controller, should the be quiet one also plug into the controller? Benefits?

PSU-GPU Question (Last image): This looks like a mess. It appears as though the PSU takes air from the bottom (I hope since there are filters installed) and pumps hot air into the GPU fans. Something doesn't look right. Shoud the PSU be pointing downwards?

IMG_20210405_152803__01.jpg

IMG_20210405_152904__01__01__01.jpg

IMG_20210405_152907__01__01.jpg

IMG_20210405_152918__01.jpg

IMG_20210405_154522__01__01.jpg

The controller definitely looks proprietary. Don't connect any fans to that.

You can however connect them to the sys-fan header on your motherboard. Make sure the fan header in your motherboard's BIOS is set to DC and not PWM if you connect a 3-pin fan.

In the last picture the PSU is taking air in from the inside of the case and moving it out the back.

Like this:

image.png.889fc94dba143853190fb65c0bbf4e0d.png

Just plug the 3 pin into the sys fan header. It has a plastic lip on it and that is where the 3 pins will go as the connector also has a groove that fits the lip.

Psu sucks in air from where the fan is it does not expel air there so all is fine. Do clean your system tho it's really dusty. Use compressed air or anything that blows hard really (2bar is a safe pressure limit) don't use suction (like a vacuum).

I agree with @curiousmind34and you can plug in the 3 pin fan on a 4 pin SYS header. For the PSU, normally the fan will pull air into the grille where the fan is and blow it out the back where the AC power cable plugs into. So in affect, your PSU is pulling hot air in from the GPU that gets exhausted by the GPU out the sides. Also, give the computer a good dusting as it looks pretty dusty in there.

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Thanks for all the amazing replies!!

Is there a specific order/direction in which the header is supposed to be connected? I.e ground, vcc etc.. Or can I connect it in any direction ("up or down") on the left side of the header?

You are all correct about the PSU thing, should I be worried about it sucking in hot air from the gpu?

PS: thanks @Senzelian, will avoid the controller, the case is old and really terrible in general.

16 minutes ago, LookingforanIDA7license said:

Is there a specific order/direction in which the header is supposed to be connected? I.e ground, vcc etc.. Or can I connect it in any direction (on the left side)?

You are all correct about the PSU thing, should I be worried about it sucking in hot air from the gpu?

Nope, just guide the fan cable into the correct slots that it has on the fan header as that is already figured out for you. If it doesn't slide in one way, reverse it 180o and try again. 

It shouldn't be too hot, if you can place the PSU upside down where there is a PSU filter and intake at the bottom of the case (as long as the case is not on thick carpeting), you can just flip the PSU over. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

3 minutes ago, LookingforanIDA7license said:

Is there a specific order/direction in which the header is supposed to be connected? I.e ground, vcc etc.. Or can I connect it in any direction (on the left side)?

The 2 plastic bumps on the top of the fan cable should be touching the plastic piece on the the motherboard right below the connector