Need help modifying an AMD FirePro S7100x to Either R9 M395x 8 GB or R9 M485x

Hello. I need help flashing a FirePro S7100x into one of the cards listed above, since the FirePro S7100x does not natively support graphical outputs in the bios, and I want to use this card in a laptop. I know others have found out how to turn prosumer cards into workstation cards, so I would like to make this graphics card into a consumer card, so that the laptop I am using with this card can finally have a sleep mode and can finally use this card on battery power.

• 1 month later...
On 4/3/2021 at 10:53 PM, Computer nerd from Linux said:

I have already located a bios for the FirePro W7170M. I am just having problems flashing the card.

Well it's not my fault if you brick your card but I have successfully done this exact flash to four s7100x cards. Use a USB flash kit (CH341A). $10 on Amazon. I'm not sure you will get video out. That's not what I use them for. Good luck!

You can PM me if you need some help. Atiflash works too.

• 1 month later...

Wait, you have flashed the card successfully to where the memory reports as 8 GB with a stock bios? Can you send over the bios you had used, since I would like to make sure that this is available?

Update:
I have found out that a bios with 8 GB memory and being a laptop bios does exist. It is listed as a R9 M485X or a R9 M395X 8 GB. If you have either of these bios images, please upload them to this site or to TechPowerUp.

• 4 months later...
On 6/21/2021 at 2:25 PM, Computer nerd from Linux said:

Update:
I have found out that a bios with 8 GB memory and being a laptop bios does exist. It is listed as a R9 M485X or a R9 M395X 8 GB. If you have either of these bios images, please upload them to this site or to TechPowerUp.

I sent you a pm. Don''t flash an 8gb bios to a 4gb card.

• 3 months later...

sorry to resurrect this thread. I've got one of these also and can't flash the memory tables via tonga bios reader. Does anyone know where I can get a BIOS for this thing that will allow memory overclock?

Hello, did you manage to solve the problem with this card?
Have you found a working bios for it, can you share it?

22 hours ago, Skifus said:

This gpu needs an amethyst (also probably Tonga) 8gb MXM bios..... techpowerup doesn't appear to have one as yet.

I could use some help with repairing mine. I know one of the components burst, but I could use some help with repairing it. After that, I can use my laptop to find out if a bios will work or not.

On 5/9/2021 at 9:09 AM, Psyssors said:

You can PM me if you need some help. Atiflash works too.

Hi there, can you please share bios with me?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2022 at 3:41 PM, fr0n1k said:

Hi there, can you please share bios with me?

On 2/15/2022 at 9:51 PM, Computer nerd from Linux said:

I could use some help with repairing mine. I know one of the components burst, but I could use some help with repairing it. After that, I can use my laptop to find out if a bios will work or not.

On 2/10/2022 at 4:34 PM, pillagenburn said:

sorry to resurrect this thread. I've got one of these also and can't flash the memory tables via tonga bios reader. Does anyone know where I can get a BIOS for this thing that will allow memory overclock?

On 2/13/2022 at 5:17 PM, Skifus said:

Hi all. If anyone is still in need of a vbios for this card PM me or reply to this post and I should be able to help you out. 

Hi! I need too please, vbios working on s7100x modded please tks

On 3/2/2022 at 1:38 AM, ThatTrainGuy said:

Hi all. If anyone is still in need of a vbios for this card PM me or reply to this post and I should be able to help you out. 

Hi, you have got bios like r9 compatible with s7100x ? Tks 

35 minutes ago, mani95 said:

Hi, you have got bios like r9 compatible with s7100x ? Tks 

Solution? 

My FirePro S7100X is now "working". The rom that I just tried did not work as intended. The laptop BSODed. The bios I had was for a GPU that I did not want to use the VBios for.

On top of that, does anyone know what I should plug in for the bios chip settings? My programmer had a hard time auto picking the settings.

Not yet. I could use some help doing a bios mod on the card. I still need some help with figuring out how to do the memory section of the bios. If someone could help with the memory portion of the card, I can turn a W7170M bios into a bios that we can use.

Someone just posted a video about this card.
This is the YouTube link.

Advice for this YouTuber: Make a backup of the bios using the bios programmer, NOT GPU-Z. I have had a hard time with bioses obtained by using GPU-Z and this GPU. Also, I have had my fun time with this card (not). I had something that sort of worked, but I think I deleted it. If anyone has an unaltered FirePro S7100X, I would like the dump file from a bios programmer please. I am going to try to cook up a bios using that and a Dell FirePro W7170M bios.

On 3/10/2022 at 8:10 AM, VictoryViperX0A1 said:

Anybody able to get this card to output over LVDS?

I have not tested it with a FirePro W7170M bios yet on a computer with LVDS. Try using a FirePro W7170M bios to test with.