Need help modifying an AMD FirePro S7100x to Either R9 M395x 8 GB or R9 M485x

• 4 weeks later...

Hello! To ALL! "Experts", Ingenieurs, etc...

I need a vBios from a M390X too. Maybe someone want to share his vBios from a iMac, that have a working vBios from Apple.

Please HELP! Thank's. I think, this would be the simplest Solution for everyone. I have a brocken iMac 27 (Mid 2011) with a

AMD Radeon HD6970M 1GB, with the knowed PROBLEM! Of getting brocken, SORRY! Apple, Shame on YOU! End.

I really HOPE! Someone can HELP! "Me" => US! All, with a iMac 27, HD6970M brocken GK! Thank's.

An Apple iMac 27-Inch "Core i5" 3.2 (5K, Late 2015) have a M380/M390 GPU (2GB), a Ingenieur should solve the

Problem with the less Memory of 2GB to 8GB, I think so, what is then the Problem? => Only COPYRIGHT! Or what?

I have PAY! For my iMac, and I can make, with my FAULTY! iMac, what I want, and it is a SHAME! To wast it, trash it away,

ONLY! Because the GPU! Is bad, not working any more, as I have said before, BIG! Shame on YOU! Apple, FINISH! End.

GRETTINGS! From Germany.

Joel Kind

(Krasnica Stepanovic)

By the ALMIGHTY! God, where is NO! Waste in NOTHING! Undersand "me", FINISH! End.

=> REPAIRING! Is saving RESOURCES! On OUR! Earth, GREAT! Awesome, AMEN!

=> PLEASE! Let US! All, SAVE! Our HOME! Planet, the EARTH! Yes, what else? 

=> The UNIVERSE! Is FULL! Of STRANGE! Creatures an LIFE! And how? "BIG" we are ALL!?

=> ONLY! Unity, will SAVE! Our "little' WORLD! Our EARTH! Our "Father" => ADAM, understand? End.

12 hours ago, JoelKind said:

Hello! To ALL! "Experts", Ingenieurs, etc...

I need a vBios from a M390X too. Maybe someone want to share his vBios from a iMac, that have a working vBios from Apple.

Please HELP! Thank's. I think, this would be the simplest Solution for everyone. I have a brocken iMac 27 (Mid 2011) with a

AMD Radeon HD6970M 1GB, with the knowed PROBLEM! Of getting brocken, SORRY! Apple, Shame on YOU! End.

I really HOPE! Someone can HELP! "Me" => US! All, with a iMac 27, HD6970M brocken GK! Thank's.

An Apple iMac 27-Inch "Core i5" 3.2 (5K, Late 2015) have a M380/M390 GPU (2GB), a Ingenieur should solve the

Problem with the less Memory of 2GB to 8GB, I think so, what is then the Problem? => Only COPYRIGHT! Or what?

I have PAY! For my iMac, and I can make, with my FAULTY! iMac, what I want, and it is a SHAME! To wast it, trash it away,

ONLY! Because the GPU! Is bad, not working any more, as I have said before, BIG! Shame on YOU! Apple, FINISH! End.

GRETTINGS! From Germany.

Joel Kind

(Krasnica Stepanovic)

By the ALMIGHTY! God, where is NO! Waste in NOTHING! Undersand "me", FINISH! End.

=> REPAIRING! Is saving RESOURCES! On OUR! Earth, GREAT! Awesome, AMEN!

=> PLEASE! Let US! All, SAVE! Our HOME! Planet, the EARTH! Yes, what else? 

=> The UNIVERSE! Is FULL! Of STRANGE! Creatures an LIFE! And how? "BIG" we are ALL!?

=> ONLY! Unity, will SAVE! Our "little' WORLD! Our EARTH! Our "Father" => ADAM, understand? End.

2 GB might be a problem, but nothing that a vbios editor cannot fix… There is a Mac vbios for the FirePro S7100X. It is on the internet somewhere. I do not remember where the source is. Use that and edit it with the memory configuration for your card (along with any references to how much memory is in the card) and it should work. I am not a programmer by day, but this is from learning from others programmers editing vbioses.

Also, if the bios is an R9 M390X vbios, PLEASE SAVE IT OFF! This will help with building a good bios for the FirePro S7100X vbios.

On 3/15/2022 at 3:25 AM, Computer nerd from Linux said:

I have not tested it with a FirePro W7170M bios yet on a computer with LVDS. Try using a FirePro W7170M bios to test with.

Hi! have you managed to test it with 7170m bios?

Kind of... I tested it with a laptop that uses eDP and the laptop itself has not had a great track record of just working with graphics cards. The other laptop (an LVDS laptop) just stood me up for trying to use it period (this could be down to vbios limitations, or a bios problem). Either way, I have not gotten the FirePro S7100X to work as a dedicated GPU, without an IGP and wall power.

On 5/5/2022 at 2:36 PM, Csupati said:

Hi! have you managed to test it with 7170m bios?

On top of that, the test system I have been using has had its connectors breaking left and right for the motherboard. So, I will not be able to test with that system.

On 5/9/2022 at 5:58 AM, Computer nerd from Linux said:

On top of that, the test system I have been using has had its connectors breaking left and right for the motherboard. So, I will not be able to test with that system.

I have a P370sm with a 3d 120hz screen , im thinking to get a S7100x , or a P3000 but i dont know the p3000 can be modded with 1060 bios . i saw on overclockers forum that someone done a msi mxm 1070 sli upgrade to it, but a bottom case was cutted . S7100x can be crossfired ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2022 at 3:15 PM, Computer nerd from Linux said:

Kind of... I tested it with a laptop that uses eDP and the laptop itself has not had a great track record of just working with graphics cards. The other laptop (an LVDS laptop) just stood me up for trying to use it period (this could be down to vbios limitations, or a bios problem). Either way, I have not gotten the FirePro S7100X to work as a dedicated GPU, without an IGP and wall power.

I have done this, it was on a ZeroOne ops-h310-cm1. I had no bios modification done at the time.

On 5/23/2022 at 2:38 PM, Mxm.mini.setup said:

I have done this, it was on a ZeroOne ops-h310-cm1. I had no bios modification done at the time.

Wait, does that mean you have been able to NATIVELY display a signal from the card (no integrated graphics, etc.)?

On 5/26/2022 at 1:15 AM, Computer nerd from Linux said:

Wait, does that mean you have been able to NATIVELY display a signal from the card (no integrated graphics, etc.)?

It has:

CPU integrated display chip, Support  Standard MXM graphics card

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have managed to retrace my steps on this topic. I have found the flash utility to enable "display ports". Unfortunately I bricked the 2 cards I have and don't have a clean bios anymore/mixed it up. If anyone has a clean dump of their card that I can flash to mine, I can test this once again and provide a clean dump of my card.

20220709_182140.jpg

Despite how many times i comment on the video tied to this post, my comment keeps getting deleted or something. I ordered 5 "brand new", "un-used" s7100x's in hopes that they haven't been reflashed or anything. They should be in by Thursday and I have a mxm riser that might work to flash a few of them at the same time. I am not doing this to benefit myself in any way and am not asking for donations or taking requests. Once I have a clean s7100x.bin dump, I'll post it here for everyone to try. It's not going to be anything special besides the display ports being activated. I will be posting pictures of my test bench, it sports a i5 9400f to isolate my testing. I also have a elitebook 8770w and a zbook 17 g2 that I have used to do this flash before and I did use the 8770 in discreet before. I have no idea if it can output to lvds, I will report on my testing. I am using a ch341a programmer to dump. Everything will be saved as .bin instead of .rom. Not sure if its any different, I'm a fulltime mechanic and I do this as a hobby.

I started this project by accident when I was looking for a dell quadro p4000 bios. I lost all my work because I neglected to label my drive that had all my vbios.

That is very good news. I hope that you can recover your work for the vbios mods. With that being said, what was the utility that enabled display ports out of these graphics cards?

31 minutes ago, Computer nerd from Linux said:

That is very good news. I hope that you can recover your work for the vbios mods. With that being said, what was the utility that enabled display ports out of these graphics cards?

its too big to share here but I can make a google drop link to make it available. I pm'd you the same information.

1 hour ago, Computer nerd from Linux said:

I managed to bridge the bios chip and force flash the 7150 bios, I'll come back to that in a moment. It reported in the flashing software as the 7150 8gb? I did the short method into windows and it posted and the card started normally. I'm going to come back to this with my 9400f test bench and see if it outputs a signal. I finally brought back the 7100x bios and I'm about to do the shorting method to get it going in the flashing software. I hope to have something useable by 11pm pst. If its no good, please let me know.

Unfortunately, no dice. Just having an issue trying to get it to post back with the s7100x bios while shorting the bios chip. If I don't short it, I don't get a post. It keeps coming up as a 7150 in the flash program. Maybe its initialized as that? 

I was messing around in my bios and found the setting for legacy boot. Legacy boot needs to be on, and secure boot off. It will then post and boot into the bios updater. I successfully flashed it and its reporting correctly in gpuz. I don't want to make mistakes right now, so I will dump the card tomorrow and post the whole dump here.

Here you have it, you can infact get a signal output from a s7100x. It says dvi, but it's a output. It's a start for those who want to turn this thing into a gaming gpu since there's a surplus of them. Spread the word. Hopefully Linus sees this on his own forum.

20220711_002320.jpg

20220711_002225.jpg

Here is my dump. I just ripped it from the working card and tested it on my ZeroOne h310 with a I5-9400f. I used asprogrammer with a amazon ch341A under the ic search, look for GD25Q40 and select that. Once you have the ch341a drivers installed, it will just be smooth sailing from here. If you try it with your laptop and you put it in discreet mode, make sure you have a way to reset if it does not output to your screen. I tried this on my Hp Zbook 17 g3 and it has a edp display, it could work for lvds but I'm not certain just yet. it did output a signal through my hdmi port and I was able to get into the bios and change it back to hybrid graphics. I tested Call Of Duty Modern Warfare and it ran 70-90 fps on med-high settings at 1080p 92% res scaling. Remember this card runs HOT. 

Edit: just flash with amd/atiflash

s7100x6dp.bin